December 2, 2022
SHS Students Earn CNA
Scottsburg High School is pleased to announce that five Seniors have earned their Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification.
Kaylee, Gracey, TyLynn, Ryan, and Brianna have been working on coursework and application of skills since the beginning of this school year. They were able to fit this into their 1st trimester course schedule, getting paid while in class and working an occasional weekend. CNAs are an important member of the healthcare team at assisted living facilities, hospitals, and other medical settings. For many the CNA role is just the first step when pursuing a medical career.
"This is the second year of our partnership with Hampton Oaks Health Campus and we could not be more pleased with the quality of training these students have received," shared Scottsburg High School Principal Chris Routt, "These students are experiencing the healthcare industry so that they can make an informed decision about their post-graduation plans, saving them time, frustration, and money."
This is just one of the many certificate programs that Scottsburg Senior High School students can earn. To ensure that you are ready to experience this or another internship program, connect with your Guidance Counselor.
Last Sunday members of the NHS used the money they raised to shop for 20 Scott county angels. All items were purchased, wrapped and delivered by these amazing young ladies!
Driver's Education Classes - CLASSES FILL UP QUICKLY, REGISTER EARLY!
Classes fill up quickly, don't wait to reserve your spot!
February 27th - March 10th (full)
May 22nd - June 4th (only 14 spots left)
June 26th - July 7th (only 20 spots left)
Classes are $400 and include 2 weeks of classroom instruction followed be scheduled drive time. Classes will be after school hours while drive time will be after school and some Saturday mornings.
To reserve a spot a $200 deposit is required. The balance is due at the beginning of class. Classes will fill up quickly. Contact Angie Richey at 812-752-8927 to reserve your spot!
1. You must be at least 15 years old to register for Driver's Ed.
2. As an additional option, you can enroll in an online Driver Education course for the instructional portion of the class if we do not have an opening during the session you would like to register for. You will still need to sign up to complete the driving portion through the High School. We recommend driversed.com. Though you can use any class approved by the BMV, that list is available by searching "Licensed Driver Training Schools-In.gov".
3. Bring the payment receipt for the on-line class to Mrs. Angie Richey at the SHS Main Office. At that time you can register for the driving portion which is $350. Mrs. Richey will issue you a CDE form stating your student is enrolled in Drivers Ed at SHS.
4. In order to obtain your Learner's Permit, take the CDE form along with a certified birth certificate, social security card and 2 documents with the student's name and address to the BMV. The SHS office can print a Harmony page that can be used as one of the address documents needed. Students will be given a test over the Indiana Drivers Manual and a vision test before obtaining their Learner's Permit.
5. Once you have completed the on-line course and obtained your Learner's Permit bring your certificate to Mrs. Richey. She will contact the driving instructor to schedule your drive times.
6. In order to take the test for your Operator License you will need to be age 16 & 90 days, have held your Learner's Permit for 180 days, completed 6 hours with a driving instructor and completed a total of 50 hours of practice with an instructor or blood relative over age 25 that has a valid drivers license.
6:00pm Girls Basketball @ Corydon Central HS
6:00pm Swim @ New Albany HS
5:00pm Wrestling Fugate Memorial
6:00pm Boys Basketball vs Charlestown HS
Boys Basketball BodyArmor Classic @ Charlestown HS
8:00am Wrestling Fugate Memorial
6:00pm Girls Basketball vs Trinity Lutheran HS
6:00pm Girls Basketball vs Charlestown HS
6:00pm Swim @ Charlestown HS
6:00pm Girls Basketball vs New Albany HS
6:00pm Boys Basketball vs Brownstown HS
8:00am FFA Santa Breakfast
9:00am Swim @ Seymour HS
9:00am Wrestling @ Charlestown HS
6:00pm Boys Basketball vs Providence HS