Biehl's Blurb 11/14
Ms. Biehl's Class, Room 103- Great things happen here!
Line Creek Mission Statement
All Belng, All Learn, All Lead, Lions Succeed!
We Are Wild About Learning
Here's what we will be studying in first grade next week:
- I can identify the main topic and details of the text.
- I can ask and answer questions to determine or clarify meaning of words and phrases in a text.
- I know and use a variety of text features (e.g. headings, table of contents, electronic menus, icons, etc.) to locate key facts or information in a text.
- I can participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners about 1st grade topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
- I can write an opinion story where I write my opinion and give at least 1 reason for my opinion.
- My writing has a beginning, middle, and ending.
- I can demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English, capitalization, punctuation, and spelling.
- I can read, write, and represent numbers up to 120.
- I can use a ten-frame to represent whole numbers and parts of numbers.
- Apply properties of operations for adding subtracting for sums up to 20.
- I can compare temperatures in different areas.
- I can compare weather data observed at different times throughout the year.
Tuesday, Nov. 17th, 4-8pm
150 Northwest Barry Road
Kansas City, MO
The First Grade teachers will be working from 4-5pm. Hope to see you there!
One School, One Book
Tuesday, Oct. 27th, 9pm to Friday, Nov. 27th, 4pm
5801 Northwest Waukomis Drive
Kansas City, MO
PTA is providing every family with a copy of Charlotte's Web to read at home. Don't forget to read every day at home so you can participate in the Trivia question raffle in class!