Flores Class Chronicle - Week 13
Please take a moment to read this memo (it can get lengthy) each week. This is where we will post all the important dates and events to keep up with.
The weekly newsletters may also be found archived on our class website under the "Weekly Newsletters" page. Questions and/or comments? Please let me know!
For the love of learning,
Current Week's Schedule of Events
The Week Ahead
Please Review Our Class Special's Schedule for your Student's Rotation Day. (https://sites.google.com/a/leanderisd.org/mrs-flores/class-schedule
All Week - PJ Drive And Generations Texas Week
- Bookfair opens after school (2:45 - 3:30 pm)
- Yellow Specials Day
- Bookfair (LATE NIGHT - open 7:45 - 6:00 pm)
- Green Specials Day
- Bookfair (7:45 - 3:30)
- Blue Specials Day
- Bookfair (7:45 - 3:30)
- Purple Specials Day
- bookfair (EARLY CLOSE - 7:45 - 2:00)
- Thanksgiving Feast (visitors welcome; 4th grade lunch time - 12:40 - 1:10)
- Red Specials Day
- Enjoy the Break and spending time with family!
WHAT ARE WE LEARNING THIS WEEK?
- Structure of expository writing and begin brainstorming
- How to... Writing Activity
- Early European Explorers of Texas (ex. Cortez, Cabeza de Vaca, Coronado, La Salle)
- Skills check Friday
- Understanding Decimal Place Value and Comparing Decimals
- Adding and Subtracting Decimals
- Non-fiction Text Features
- Interpreting Graphic Text Features (ex. graphs, charts, technical drawings, tables, etc.)
- Sitton Spelling Unit Unit Unit 12 Core Words: class, piece, surface, river, common
- For an extended list see the link below
- Sound Energy
- Complete "I have... Who has?" vocabulary
Homework - Will be posted each Monday
ALL HOMEWORK IS DUE BY SUNDAY AT NOON.
Please NOTE.!! Students only need to log their reading at the end on the week. If you experience any difficulties, please just have your student let me know. They can always do an alternative assignment or access the assignment at school.
Español en nuestra clase
Last week our class began learning some basic Spanish. We are lucky to have two great volunteers helping students with this new adventure...Mrs. Martin and Mr. Martinez.
Use the links to have fun and practice!
Week #1 - Students are beginning with basic introductions and numbers 0-20. Attached is the link so students can practice the numbers.
Week #2 - Classroom items and people (Just a few to start)
Below you will find upcoming dates for the first semester. Please update your calendars accordingly. Please understand that dates are subject to change and more than likely will, but we will keep this list current to the best of our ability. To assist you in keeping your calendars updated, any additions or changes from the previous week's memo will be in bold.
- Pajama Drive Thursday 11/13- Thursday 12/10
- Book Fair in the Reagan Library - See times on the current week schedule.
- Generations Texas week
Friday 11/20 -
- Thanksgiving Luncheon at our regular lunch time (12:40-1:10) Visitors Welcome
Week of 11/23 - 11/27 -
- Thanksgiving Break - Enjoy!
Friday 12/4 First Fun Friday Moved from November: Decade Dress-up Day
- PJ Drive Ends
- LISD Winter Break - NO SCHOOL
Monday 1/4 -
- School resumes
- Fun First Friday in 4th (Dress-Up) - Crazy Hair Day
- End of 1st Semester and Second 9 weeks Grading Period
Reading and Math STAAR Tests will be administered in 2 hours rather than the previous 4 hours.