How can one become a Citizen?
To become a U.S. citizen you must/can have done the following things:
- If you’re born in the U.S., or on U.S. territory, you will automatically become a U.S. citizen, as long as at least one of your parent's is a citizen of the United States.
- You can choose to do it by choice.
- You can live in the U.S. for 5 years, and then take the test, and then become a U.S citizen.
- You can provide military services in the U.S. Army, Navy or Air Force, and then take the test, instead of staying in U.S. for five years.
- If you’re married to a U.S. citizen you can get the 5 years shortened to only 3.
For more information you can go to the following webpage: