Taking Care of Your Teacher Laptop
How to Take Care of Your Teacher Laptop
- At night, turn it off and close the lid. (If you are cycling the battery, you can leave it on overnight.)
- At least once a week, cycle the battery. This means, let the computer run on battery power until the battery dies or drains to less than 50%. You can do this at night.
- If the laptop is dusty or dirty...clean it. Use a damp wet cloth to wipe off the plastic case and keyboard. DO NOT use water on the screen.
- To clean the screen, spray WIndex on a cloth and use the cloth to wipe the monitor screen. I also have some screen cleaner wipes. If you submit an ETT request, a Tech Assistant can clean your screen for you.
- Be sure that the vents on the laptop are not covered up or obstructed by papers or other supplies. Air needs to circulate around and through the laptop case in order to keep it cool and running. Don't push stuff up close to the laptop.
IMPORTANT - Computer Lab Use During SOL testing
IMPORTANT - Grade levels and classroom teachers who have been checking out the iPad carts on a regular basis each week will be able to continue that routine until May 16. After that iPad check out priority will be given to classroom teachers during their assigned Computer Lab time (30-40 minute periods). After 9 am each morning, anybody can check out the cart during the open times.
Make Your Own Interactive Jeopardy Game
Turn Off the Projector!
Using Stamps in Your Classroom
4/8/2014 1:40 pm - Sign Up for FREE Computer Lab classes is now closed.