Fall Newsletter for Ludlow's Class of 2021
Join us for the Senior Parent Meeting!
Mrs. Johnson will offer two virtual meetings for seniors and their parents: September 16th at 6:30 PM or September 18th at 1:00 PM. These repeat, so you only need to choose one; no reservation or sign-up is needed. Zoom links will be emailed to all seniors and parent contacts on September 9th.
Learn more about senior year requirements, the college application process, how to apply for financial aid and scholarships, and other items related to the senior year.
Don't forget to sign up for your senior pictures at Prestige. Call 578-0110 or go to https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/170x058q/ to book your appointment. For the yearbook and composite photos, seniors must use Prestige. You are not required to purchase any photos. Should you prefer, they can accommodate you with a shirt/tie/jacket for boys and an off-the-shoulder back wrap top for girls.
Prepare to Complete the FAFSA, Starting October 1
The FAFSA, or Free Application for Federal Student Aid, is the main application ALL seniors should complete. The application site opens on October 1st. This step in the college process requires a parent's help, because it is heavily based on the parents' tax information. Students will file the 2021-2021 application, and tax information from 2019 will be used. The student and one parent each need to create a FAFSA ID, which becomes an electronic signature on the FAFSA application - both signatures are required.
Start Applying to Colleges
Seniors can start applying to colleges now! Go to the college's website and follow the directions from there.
Some tips and reminders:
- You are applying as an incoming freshman
- You are an Undergraduate in college at this point (You have no college degree yet)
- You are planning to complete either a Bachelor's Degree (4 years) or an Associate's Degree (2 years).
- This is a formal document! Use correct capitalization, spelling, and grammar.
- Don't forget to list your Gateway college credit if you'll have any upon graduation from LHS.
- Be sure to save your account login details. Maybe put it in your phone for safe-keeping and easy access? You'll need it again.