Week of November 14th, 2016
TRIBUTE TO DECEASED VEYM MEMBERS
Ban Âm Thanh Ánh Sáng, along with Ban Phụng Vụ, have put together a video of all those deceased members in the past 6 years. During the month of November, please remember to pray for our friends and benefactors of VEYM's souls so that they may quickly come to the joy of the beatific vision.
Ordinary Time | Year C - Week 34 | Sunday, November 20, 2016
Luke 23: 35 - 43
The rulers sneered at Jesus and said,
“He saved others, let him save himself
if he is the chosen one, the Christ of God.”
Even the soldiers jeered at him.
As they approached to offer him wine they called out,
“If you are King of the Jews, save yourself.”
Above him there was an inscription that read,
“This is the King of the Jews.”
Now one of the criminals hanging there reviled Jesus, saying,
“Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us.”
The other, however, rebuking him, said in reply,
“Have you no fear of God,
for you are subject to the same condemnation?
And indeed, we have been condemned justly,
for the sentence we received corresponds to our crimes,
but this man has done nothing criminal.”
Then he said,
“Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”
He replied to him,
“Amen, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”
Explore It! While being nailed on the Cross with Jesus, St. Dismas, formerly known as the Penitent Thief, confessed his crimes and asked for forgiveness. In that act, he holds himself accountable for his action so Jesus accepts him into heaven.
Connect It! Jesus’ words to the Good Thief remind us that it is never too late to turn to Christ for forgiveness. Jesus’ death on the cross makes it possible for us to live with Him in Heaven and it is only through God’s mercy are we able to love and forgive others just as He did.
Reflect It! How strong is your faith in Jesus? Do you need to see and witness a miracle from Jesus? Have we taken full responsibility for our own actions and humble appealed to God: “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom”?
Live it! To be accountable is to take time to reflect on our sins and seek forgiveness. This should be done nightly as we are called to reflect on our day and to learn and grow from our words, thoughts and actions.
- Remember It! “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” (Luke 23:42)
- Activities: Christ the King
- TNTT Weekly Gospel Lesson Booklets: ẤU | THIẾU | NGHĨA | HIỆP |
VEYM FUNDRAISING DINNER
Cảm tạ Chúa và Mẹ Maria đã thương ban cho buổi tiệc gây quỹ tại Norcross, GA - Miền Đông Nam thành công tốt đẹp. Total raised including pledged là $111,114.00. Net $96,000.00.
Chân thành cám ơn Đức Ông Phạm Văn Phương, Cha Trần Quốc Tuấn, Cha Nguyễn Đức Trí, Cha Nguyễn Bá Thông, Quý Chức trong Hội Đồng Mục Vụ GX Mẹ VN và GX Các Thánh Tử Đạo VN, các Hội Đoàn, các Cựu Huynh Trưởng, Ân Nhân và Mạnh Thường Quân đã quảng đại và ủng hộ hết mình cho chương trình gây quỹ của TNTT cũng như tất cả những bàn tay đóng góp cho việc tổ chức này. Nguyện xin Chúa và Mẹ Maria chúc phúc và trả công bội hậu cho quý Cha và toàn thể quý vị.
Chúng ta tiếp tục cầu nguyện và chuẩn bị cho tiệc gây quỹ bên Miền Nam sẽ tổ chức tại Houston, TX vào ngày 19 tháng 3 năm 2017. Together, we can make our dream come true!
SHARE CHRIST THIS ADVENT & CHRISTMAS SEASON
Our 3rd Annual National Day of Apostolic Works (NDAW) will kick off on Sunday, Nov. 27. Throughout the season of Advent and Christmas, all TNTT members are encouraged to practice one of our mottos -- Apostolic Works. In joining together this Advent/Christmas season to do Apostolic Works together, we can unite our prayers for each other and for those we are serving through our volunteer projects.
It's easy to participate! We kick-off on November 27 but your volunteer project can take place anytime during the Advent & Christmas Season.
1. Read the NDAW Official Letter
2. Checkout the NDAW Implementation Guide for some ideas to get started
3. Register your event at https://tinyurl.com/NDAW2016 (When you register to let us know when/what your volunteer project is, who is participating, etc., we can pray with you, and as a bonus for participating, you'll receive beautiful NDAW Prayer Cards for each TNTT member that is participating in your project. Limited cards available, so register your event soon! Please allow for shipping time (at least 5 days from when you register).
4. If you'd like your participants to shout SHARE CHRIST while you're volunteering, order NDAW t-shirts for everyone! Cost is $6 a shirt, and $1 of that will go to a NDAW charity fund that will be donated to a charity project after this year's NDAW is completed. Visit the TNTT Store to purchase. Limited quantities/sizes available.
5. Go out, have fun, love and SHARE CHRIST on your project day. Post photos and reflections on Facebook using hashtag #NDAW2016 and tag us @ VEYM-USA TNTT!!
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION RELAY CAMPAIGN
Our Eucharistic Adoration Relay Campaign continues. Our monstrance was recently in Wichita, Kansas as Đoàn Kitô Vua came together to give thanks and prepare for their 30th anniversary this week. Video of their adoration can be found via Đoàn Kitô Vua Eucharistic Adoration.
This weekend, adoration is scheduled to take place around 1:45 PM EST on Sunday, Nov 20th, 2016, immediately after Đoàn Anrê Dũng Lạc - Grand Rapids, MI's Anniversary Mass. The Eucharistic Adoration will go live on their Facebook Anre Dung Lac TNTT. Please join ADL in prayers and thanksgiving as they are celebrating their anniversary with the chosen theme “small things with GREAT Love”, inspired by Saint Teresa of Calcutta.
CHÚC MỪNG! CHÚC MỪNG!
35TH ANNIVERSARY OF KTV SACRAMENTO
Let us join in celebration with Đoàn Kitô Vua of Sacramento, CA for their 35th anniversary. May you accomplish another milestone with God's love as you bring the youth closer to the mystery of the Holy Eucharist. Celebrate and give thanks to God for HE IS GOOD!
Also, congratulations to the newly-elected Chapter Executive Committee. Thank you các Trưởng for accepting the trust of other youth leaders and the parents!
- Đoàn Trưởng: Giuse Nguyễn Nhật Tân
- Phó Quản Trị: Maria Vũ Phương Thảo
- Phó Nghiên Huấn: Martinô Bùi Hữu Viên
- Thủ Quỹ: Têrêsa Nguyễn Quỳnh Thy
- Thư Ký: Maria Trần Thùy Hương
MỪNG BỔN MẠNG ĐOÀN ANRÊ PHÚ YÊN, OHIO
- Ngày Mừng Khẩu Hiệu LÀM VIỆC TÔNG ĐỒ của PT/TNTT/VN/HK
- VEYM National Day of Apostolic Work
sẽ được gởi ra mỗi tuần để mọi thành viên theo dõi các chương trình của Phong Trào.
TNTT Weekly welcomes your interviews, announcements, and stories. If you would like to submit a story or advertisement, first consult our TNTT Weekly Submission Guide and then send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on TNTT Weekly Archive to view past TNTT Weekly articles!
Ban Truyền Thông