Same Great Content, New Look.
Boone CSD App and New Website Now Available!
The district website and all of the contents are still located at boonecsd.org
Please join us on February 16th at Page Elementary to learn more about the bond referendum.
Informational Meetings Regarding the Bond Referendum for the New Elementary Building
Kindergarten Art Projects
Middle School Band Concert
Friday, February 26th : 6:30pm 5th/6th Grade and 7:30pm 7th/8th Grade
2. 5th and 6th grade report time is 6:10 pm (They will report directly to their seats on the gym floor with their cases - families can keep coats.
3. 7th and 8th grade students report time is 7:15 pm (They will report directly to their seats on the gym floor with their cases.
- 7th and 8th grade families should not arrive any earlier than 7:10 pm.
- If the concert is still going or families have not left yet, please wait in the commons until the space is cleared.
- 7th and 8th grade families should drop off their students if parking looks to be an issue.
4. Students will NOT be allowed in the band room except to grab instrument/music
- Report to seats on the gym floor
- Wait in commons if concert is still going
5. Students will wear their masks when they are not playing
6. Students need to dress nicely
- Dress pants or dress/skirt
- No hoodies
- Please ask Mrs. Kundel is you need help: we have resources!
7. The audience will adhere to the current activities guidelines for attendance of wearing masks, social distancing, and only household members attending.
8. A livestream of the concert will be on Mrs. Kundel's Youtube page.
Congratulations Emma Dighton
Boone Speech Competes Asynchronously for State Large Group
The Boone High School Speech team competed at Large Group Speech this weekend with schools from Bedford, Harlan, Lenox, Mt. Ayr, and Nevada. Each school submitted videos of their State qualifiers for adjudication by three independent judges. Boone had 4 entries: 1 musical theatre group and 3 group improvs. Earning Straight I ratings from all 3 judges was the Group Improv of Chloey Davidson-Germain (11), Seth Coleman(10), Sierra Sherry(10), and Clara Carpenter (10). Earning a Mixed I rating was our Musical Theatre group which included Carrie Aucker(12), Carlee Carpenter (12), Justice Edberg(11), Cassidy Hasstedt(11), Taylor Roberts(11), and Akela Salter (12). Both of the remaining Improv groups earned Mixed II ratings. Students involved in those groups include Chelbie Brown(10), Alyson Rudkin(11), Gabriel Wolf(12), Timothy Kepple(12), Mabel Overton(10), Kaitlyn Chadourne(11), Tessa McRunnel(11), and Kylee Meadows(11). All State nominations will not be made known for a few more days.
Meanwhile, students and coaches are now switching gears and are beginning work on their individual speech events. Districts will be the weekend of Feb. 27th.
Seniors and Parents
You can still find our scholarship page both on the new app and the new website under Boone high school- "parents and students". You can also follow the link below.
The Active scholarship list is the first sheet, showing just the scholarship title, with a link to the application, and the deadline. At the bottom, you can tab to sheet 2. This sheet contains information about each scholarship. It describes the scholarship including eligibility criteria. If you have questions, you can talk with Lisa Jacobson in the Counseling Center or email cjacobson@Boone.k12.ia.us. Start applying and Good Luck!!
Driver's education class
The last class of the school year for Driver’s Ed starts on March 29th. The classes that are offered during the school year this year have the flexibility to work at your own pace online. We anticipate this class filling up as well so encourage you to sign up early. If you have questions please reach out to Mr. Bruck at email@example.com
Boone Hope Foundation
A Message from The Boone Hope Foundation Board: Our organization is dedicated to supporting students, staff, and families within our school district community! We provide assistance in emergency type situations relating to shelter, food, clothing, medical, and transportation. If you or someone you know is in need of our assistance, feel free to reach out via our website (https://www.boonehope.org), Facebook page, or you can also reach out to any Hope Foundation Board Member personally.