Join our team!
We're growing fast. Come along for the ride!
Our production ceramics business is setting up shop in the Triangle...
Hello! We're in search of a few talented people to join our production shop (scheduled to open in Spring 2015). Right now we're touring space and making final decisions about the location, but we're also starting to interview potential candidates.
So anyway here's a little bit about our business:
We make specialty stoneware products for a fast-growing industry. We primarily design molds and slip-cast stoneware forms which are then finished on the wheel. We're also getting into other hands-on manufacturing methods. Although this will be a "production" environment, your creativity is highly valued and we aren't looking for button-pushers. Our company likes to keep our designs fresh and try new ideas and methods all the time. As a member of the team, you'll be a part of that creative process.
The new shop will likely be located in the southern suburbs of Raleigh (Apex, Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina). Ideally we'll find the right spot and be up and running by May 2015. But that also depends on finding the right people...
So here's what we're looking for:
1 Full-Time General Manager
2-3 Part-Time Production Assistants
The General Manager
- Experienced in slip casting, mold making, and all facets of glazing & finishing
- Has management experience (Production Assistant positions will work under your guidance)
- Strong technical skills (mixing slip and glazes, troubleshooting, kiln operations)
- Excellent customer service skills (you'll be talking to customers on a regular basis)
- General ceramics experience
- Slip casting & mold making experience preferred but not necessary
- Part-time positions available (if you're in school we can work with your schedule)
- Enthusiastic, and willing to work hard to get the job done.
If either of these sound like a good fit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume or a summary of your qualifications.
(A degree or certification from an accredited ceramics program is preferred, but not required...especially if you have the relevant experience and skill sets.)
Thank you so much for your time. We hope to hear from you!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.