Home of the Spartans - September 19, 2016
Washington D.C. 2017
Rotary Youth Exchange
Are you interested in learning a new language or meeting new people? Rotary Youth Exchange is the opportunity of a lifetime for the more than 8,000 students who participate each year. Come learn about the program and get your questions answered by the District Rotary Youth Exchange Chairperson and a recently-returned Rotary Exchange student on Wednesday, September 21 at 3:30pm (Room C110, East High School) and/or at 6:30pm (Cafeteria, North High School).
Check it Out! 21st Century Scholar Info!
21st Century Scholars: Are you a parent/guardian interested in having your student's college paid for?
The 21st Century Scholars could be the program for you. Students must apply before June 30th of their 8th grade year to be considered for the program. Attached is the 21st Century Enrollment flyer and the Enrollment sheet.
To enroll you can fill out the attached document and turn in at the guidance office or apply online at: https://studentaid.ssaci.in.gov/ScholarEnrollment/Enrollment/UI/GeneralQuery.aspxt
Daily Announcements & Homework
- Visit the link below and click on the "News" tab to view our daily morning announcements.
Are you interested in checking your student's daily homework or keeping up with their grades?
- To check daily homework, visit the same link below and click the "Teams" tab. Select your team and view the homework from each class. A document has also been attached with screenshots of each step of the process.
- Hopefully at this point in the school year, you have found your way to Parent Portal in Powerschool. However if you would like access to PowerSchool in order to email teachers or check on your student's progress in each class, please email our counselors, Mrs. Wagner (7th grade) and Mr. Ousley (8th grade) for more information. Mrs. Wagner can be reached at email@example.com and Mr. Ousley can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spartan Sports Report
On the agenda this week:
- Tennis vs Franklin 9/19 5pm
- Tennis vs. Indian Creek 9/20 5pm
- Football @ Seymour High School 9/20
- Cross Country @ Jackson Creek vs. St. Charles 9/20 6pm
- Girl's Tennis @ Brown County 9/21 5pm
- Volleyball @ Center Grove North 9/21 5:30pm
- Volleyball @ St. Peters 9/22 5pm
- Cross Country vs. Greensburg 9/22 5pm
- Soccer vs. Greensburg 9/22 @ Parkside 5:30 pm
- Soccer vs. Greenfield 9/23 @ Parkside 6 pm
- Both the football teams fell to Central on Monday night at East. The score of the 8th grade game was 0-22 and the 7th grade lost 0-12.
- The volleyball teams fell to Tri-County rival Seymour Monday night.
- The Soccer (blue) team traveled to Hauser Monday night and tied the Jets.
- Both tennis teams stomped out Franklin 5-0 (boys) and 4-1 (girls).
- The undefeated Boys Tennis team shut out Central 5-0!
- The Girls Tennis team lost a close match to Central 3-2.
- The Volleyball teams fell to Shelbyville each in two sets.
- Both Cross country teams conquered rival Central! The boys won 17-45 and the girls won 21-37)
- The Cross Country teams also found success against Franklin this week. The boys had a perfect score of 15-47 and the girls ran away with a victory as well.
- Our Blue and Gold soccer teams traveled to Jennings County Thursday night. The Gold team won 2-1 and the Blue team won 6-0.
- The Boys Cross Country team won the Eagle Classic at Brown County!
- The Girls CC team came in 7th in a very close race.