Husky Parent News Flash
October 1-5, 2018
HMS WIG (Wildly Important Goal)
Hughes Spirit Dress Up Days
October 2 “Give the Yellow Jackets the Boot” Wear your western gear
October 9 “Hunt the Bearcats” Wear Camo
October 16 “Kick the Roos Outta Here” Wear your favorite football team
October 25 “Pink Out” Wear Pink
October 30 “Make the Pirates See Double” Twin Day
November 5 “Beat the Cougars” Wear Red
November 6 “There’s Only One Hero in this Town” Superhero Day
Map Scores are in
Did you know?
- Most schools administer MAP Growth three times per year – in fall, winter, and spring.
- As the student answers correctly, questions get harder. If the student answers incorrectly, the questions get easier. By the end of the test, students will have answered enough questions to inform a teacher about what they know and what they’re ready to learn.
- MAP Growth is grade independent, which means teachers and parents can see where a child is performing relative to grade level – not merely if they are at grade level or not.
- MAP Growth assesses math, reading, language usage, and science.
- MAP Growth takes less than an hour to complete – but is not timed. Students can take as much time as needed.
- The score your child receives is called a RIT score. You’ll be able to see your child’s RIT score progress from test to test, and year to year.
- The RIT score can be connected to online resources, such as Khan Academy for math exercises and YourReadingPath.com to determine what books might be at the appropriate reading level. You can even plug their RIT score into our College Explorer tool to see what colleges your child is on track to attend.
Below are links for parents to better understand Map testing and the scores:
Parent Involvement Policy
VBall Beats Cleburne Wheat
A Team: 22-25, 25-10, 25-19
B Team: 25-15, 25-16
C Team: 25-22, 25-18
Way to go Husky Volleyball!!
10/2: 7th football vs Cleburne Wheat 5/6/7
10/2: 8th football @ Cleburne Wheat 5/6/7
10/3: Cross country @ Granbury Disc Golf Course 5
10/4: Volleyball vs Brewer Middle School
10/5: Student holiday/Teacher PD day
10/8: School Holiday
10/9: 7th football @ Aledo Middle 5/6/7
10/9: 8th football vs. Aledo Middle 5/6/7
10/10: Cross Country @ Centennial High
10/12: PTO Dance 6-8pm
10/13: All Region choir auditions @ Fossil Ridge High
10/13: Band all -district auditions @ Hughes 8:30-12:30
10/16: 7th football @ Weatherford Tison 5/6/7
10/16: 8th football vs Weataherford Tison 5/6/7
10/18: Volleyball @ Joshua Nichols 5/6/7
10/22: Band fall concert @ BHS Auditorium 6-8:30
10/23: 7th football @ Brewer Middle 5/6/7
10/23: 8th football vs Brewer Middle 5/6/7
10/25: Volleyball vs Weatherford Tison 5/6/7
10/26: Band practice-a-thon 6 - 10:30pm
10/27: All Region Choir concert and clinic @ Chisholm Trail High
10/30: 7th football vs Granbury Middle 5/6/7
10/31: 8th football @ Granbury Middle 5/6/7