Color Guard Weekly Newsletter
September 16 - September 20
Upcoming Calendar at a Glance
After School Practice: Sept 16—Sept 18
Football Game: September 19
After School Practice
When: Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday *NO THURSDAY PRACTICE due to game
Time: 4:20 pm —6:20 pm (Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday)
What to wear: White t-shirt, shoes with support-they will be standing and marching on hot concrete, sunscreen, sunglasses are allowed, hair pulled up
Away Football Game—Coppell vs. Garland
Thursday, Sep. 19th 2013 at 7:30pm
510 Stadium Drive
When: Thursday, September 19
Time: Game starts at 7:30 pm
What to wear: “Stand By”
What to bring: Game night bag with all items, Water Jug for rehearsal & Game, & Brown Bag Dinner if you did not purchase Meal Deal—**Please make sure your daughter has something to eat as meal’s are not provided unless purchased through meal deal**
Performances are mandatory unless excused by one of the directors (illness, death in the family, etc)
1. Please make sure that you review the attendance policy in the handbook. Be aware of situations where your child may not be allowed to perform on Friday night.
2. If your child is moved to an alternate position, this is a permanent move and they must re-audition/challenge for a spot on the field.
3. Please remember that the girls are not allowed to have visitors during the game. Once they are seated, no one is allowed to come visit them (this does include parents). If you need to get something to your child, please give it to one of the chaperons and they will get it to the your child.
4. Students are not allowed electronic devices or food while in the stands. Any food is to be consumed prior to loading the bus or on bus travelling to game. Electronic devices will be taken up in stands once detected.
Please make sure when washing your Friday night tops...you use light detergent and HANG dry your tops.
Color Guard Queen of the Week
Odds & Ends
- Mr. Mason, Pam and I would like to ask a favor of you guys. Please remember to check our wonderful website http://www.chsbandboosters.com to get information. Our calendar is updated, there are lots of useful forms, there are lots of useful instructions, etc. on the website. It's being well maintained by Steve Charters this year. Steve is keeping the information accurate and relevant, and up-to-date.
- Mr. Morgan is offering private lessons on Tuesdays. There is a sign up in the Guard room.
- First contest is October 5th at Mesquite Memorial Stadium...make plans now to come out and support the CHS Color Guard as we defend our Best Color Guard title from last year!
- Please welcome Rochelle Hooper to the CHS Color Guard Staff! She is a 2006 graduate of Coppell High School and has performed with such groups as the The Cadets Drum and Bugle Corps, Spirit of Atlanta Drum and Bugle Corps, Boston Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps, and Blessed Sacrament Winter Guard. Rochelle will also be offering private lessons.