Friday, March 4, 2016
Working together with families in a partnership of teachers, staff and community members to provide an individualized learning environment that fosters high achievement in core and elective areas; preparing students for life-long success.
Families are encouraged to fund expenses related to courses in your ILP only as needed for the current school year. Those students re-enrolling for the 2016-17 school year will have any unexpended allotments from this year rolled over and available for use once the re-enrollment process is completed starting June 1st.
It is highly recommended that you do not wait til the last minute to allocate funds as budgets will be locked as scheduled (4:00 p.m. AKT).
WIN Wednesday Schedule
Annual ASD Spring Lottery is here
The Application window is now open for the 2016-2017 lottery. Applications will be accepted until March 24, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
- Have you registered your incoming Kindergarten or 1st grader for the lottery?
- Do you know a high school student who is interested in taking college/university classes while earning credits toward graduation? Did you know, FPCS allotments can be used to pay for qualifying 100 level or higher classes at UAA and APU?
- If you have a current student at FPCS you DO NOT need to fill out the lottery application.
- Do you know a homeschooling family interested in enrolling at Family Partnership for the 2016-17 school year? We hope that you will proudly recommend FPCS to your friends and family.
CLASS OF 2016 GAME NIGHT
Bring your favorite table game and a snack to share.
Mark your calendars:
- Friday, March 18 at the Taymans: 12031 Foreland Circle, 522-0051 (Off Klatt)
- Friday, April 15 at the Urcels: 6910 Burlwood, 99507 (off Lake Otis)
CALLING FOR CANDIDATES
FPCS will hold it's annual election for the Academic Policy Committee at our End of Year Celebration on May 10, 2016. There are five APC seats set to expire at the end of the 2015-16 school year.
Parent Seat A (currently held by Pete Johnson)
Parent Seat D (Curently held by Robert Barton)
Teacher Seat B (Currently held by Happy Chronister)
Student Seat (Curently vacant)
Student Shadow Seat (Currently vancant)
To declare your candidacy, please fill out the Candidate Questionnaire form and return it to the APC Elections Committee Chair, Robert Barton no later than April 30, 2016.
ESSENTIAL INSTRUCTIONAL STRATEGIES
Comparing: Similarities and Differences
- Use Venn Diagrams or charts to compare and classify items,
- Engage students in comparing, classifying, and creating metaphors and analogies.
OPPORTUNITIES for STUDENTS
David Warren Cuddy Scholarship
Two $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to graduating seniors who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and student leadership
- The award must be used for the school year immediately following graduation,
- Applicants must plan to attend a four-year college or university,
- Applicants must submit a letter of application detailing his or her academic achievement and evidence of leadership. The letter should be addressed to the superintendent and be no longer than three pages,
- Applicants should also attach two letters of recommendation from individuals (not family members) who know the student well and can speak to their academic and leadership attainment,
- Applications must be submitted to the school principal by March 28, 2016.
THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMMM...
IMPORTANT DATES - EVENTS - DEADLINES
- March 11, 2016 - 2015-16 BUDGET ALLOCATION DEADLINE (4:00 p.m.)
- March 14-18 - Spring Break
- March 24 - Online Lottery Application Deadline (5:00 p.m.)
- March 28 - NHS Induction Ceremony (6:30 - 8:00 p.m. at the BP Energy Center)
THANK YOU FPCS SCHOOL BUSINESS PARTNERS
524 W. Fourth Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99501
151 W 100th Ave,
Anchorage, AK 99515
3101 Penland Pkwy, Ste K18
Anchorage, AK 99508