with Mrs. Drayton
Dutch Fork Elementary School, The Academy of Environmental Sciences, Title I
VIP Folders & Reminders
- graded work (check your child's Google Classroom for other assignments)
- Scholastic order forms (online class code: J7CGQ)
- Fall picture order forms
- Curriculum Night tonight, Thursday, 9/22 @ 6-7:15 pm
- DFES Spirit Night @ Pelican's Snowball tonight, Thursday 9/22 5-8 pm
- Interims going home, Friday, 9/23 (please sign the cover & return it Monday with your child)
- Green Apple Service Day, Friday 9/23
- Reading Goal Sheet due, Thursday 9/30
- September Book Talk due, Thursday 9/30 (we will begin these in class)
- Fall Pictures, Tuesday 10/4
- If your child is missing any assignments, please encourage him/her to come make up any missing work in the morning in my classroom.
What Should My Child Be Doing at Home for Homework
2. Practice weekly vocabulary on Quizlet.com (no assignments yet)
3. Read Time for Kids magazine to stay up to date with current events.
4. Read their independent reading book or book club book for 30 minutes (TFK magazine counts). Use sticky notes to practice strategies we discuss in class.
5. Finish class work (as needed)
- Starts at the beginning of 2nd nine weeks in October
- I will check for 7 completed lessons at the end of the nine weeks
- Each student will get a cursive effort grade for each nine weeks
- Suggested practice times: Early morning hall time (7:20-7:40), when you finish early during writer's workshop, and/or once a week for HW