Class of 2022 Newsletter vol. 2
March 14, 2022
Important Dates and Deadlines
- April 4, 2022 - Local scholarship online applications due by 3:00 p.m.
- May 7, 2022 - JR/SR PROM at Genesys Banquet Center
- May 19, 2022 - 2nd Semester Final Exams for seniors
- May 20, 2022 - 2nd Semester Final Exams for seniors. Seniors last day.
- May 20, 2022 - Cap & Gown distribution at the end of the school day.
- June 2, 2022 - Baccalaureate - Hope Lutheran Church 7:00 p.m.
- June 3, 2022 - Graduation rehearsal at 8:00 a.m. Stadium(MANDATORY)
- June 3, 2022 - Virtual Honors Awards at 6:30 p.m.
- June 4, 2022 - Graduation - Class of 2022 Commencement - Claude Cranston Stadium; 7:00 pm
Genesee Go Scholarship Application
The Genesee Opportunity (GO) stipend provides Genesee County high school graduates with money for college, career training, or certification licensing fees. To be eligible, you must reside in Genesee County, Michigan or on a property that is taxed by a Genesee County school district and be a graduate, from a high school in Genesee County. Graduates must be enrolled in an eligible training program or post-secondary educational institution and submit an application by the due date. The GO stipend can only be awarded one time and must be used within the first 12 months after graduation or GED completion.
The GO stipend is not based on income or grades, and is funded through a millage approved by Genesee County voters.
CAPS & GOWNS
In our most recent communication with Jostens, ALL cap & gown orders SHOULD HAVE BEEN COMPLETED BY MARCH 1, 2022.
If you are experiencing financial difficulties, or may have missed the March 1st deadline, please contact Mrs. Curtis at (810) 591-0410. If a current senior will be using a siblings gown, please use the phone number provided above to let Mrs. Curtis know.
ALL CAPS & GOWNS WILL BE BLACK.
FAFSA Deadline Extension
The FAFSA website is https://studentaid.gov
Mott Community College FAFSA virtual workshop dates, times and contact information:
March 14, 5-6
march 15, 12-1
March 21, 5-6
March 22, 11-12
Please email to reserve a spot @: firstname.lastname@example.org
In subject line: FAFSA Workshop
You will be sent a confirmation email and a link for the workshop
2022 Local Scholarships
Local scholarships are now completely online. You can find the links on the scholarships below. ALL applications are due by April 4, 2022. No late applications will be accepted.
- 2022 Junior/Senior Prom - Will be held on Saturday, May 7, 2022 at Genesys Banquet Center in Grand Blanc. Information regarding ticket purchases, and guest passes will be forthcoming.
We have several volunteer opportunities available. Take a peek at this form to see what's available. Thank you in advance if you're able to help.
MCC Trustee Scholarship
On Monday, March 7th, Mott Community College began accepting applications for the 2022 Trustee Leadership Scholarship. This prestigious, competitive scholarship is awarded to one graduating senior from each high school within the College district. Each “Trustee Scholar” receives up to two years (62 credits total) of free tuition and fees to attend MCC.
Attached is an overview of the scholarship guidelines and the selection criteria.The application process will be completely online. All interested students should begin the application process by going to the following link:
The application process opens March 7. The application deadline is May 21.
Students must meet several criteria in order to be eligible for the Trustee Scholarship award. Scholarships are given to students based on academic achievement as well as demonstrated leadership abilities, and community engagement activities. Additionally, student recipients must have graduated high school by June 27, 2022 in order to be eligible.
To be eligible, students must:
- Graduate from high school by June 27 of 2022
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher in high school.
- Demonstrate leadership in academics, leadership and community engagement
- Enroll at MCC in the academic year immediately following high school graduation (Fall 2022)
Scholarship requirements include:
- Attending the Trustee Scholars orientation event in August
- Enrolling full-time in both the Fall and Winter semesters
- Enrolling in one Honors course in the first semester
- Completing any required developmental courses during the Summer and/or Fall semester of the first year receiving the scholarship
Trustee Scholars are directly admitted into MCC’s Honors College, and are eligible to renew the scholarship for the second year upon achieving a 2.75 grade point average or higher.
Questions regarding the scholarship should be addressed to Kim Giacchina at email@example.com.
2nd Semester Exam Exemptions
Graduating Seniors will be afforded the same final exam exemption opportunity as the first semester. To earn the exemption opportunity Seniors must meet the following criteria:
Students may choose to opt out of their semester final exams if they meet the following criteria:
Minimum grade of 78% in a class OR,
Minimum grade of 65% AND no missing assignments or assessments in the class
Online, dual enrollment, or EMC classes are not subject to the semester final exam exemption.
No more than four (4) absences (Excused or Unexcused) in any class for the semester.
Medical excuses MUST be submitted within one (1) week of the date(s) of the absence(s). Documentation MUST include a diagnosis of the illness and specific date(s) the student could not attend school.
ALL absences MUST be reported to the school in writing by a parent. Absences MUST be reported within 48 hours from the day the student returns to school. Excuse notes received after 48 hours WILL NOT excuse the absence. Absences NOT calculated in the absence procedure include:
Suspensions by school administrator
School related absences
Absences due to a death in the immediate family
Medical appointments with documentation
Court appointments with documentation
College visits (2 per semester).
No more than three (3) tardies in any class for the semester.
No semester suspensions, violation of the academic dishonesty policy, violations of the acceptable use policy and/or multiple discipline referrals.
Note: Missing 11 or more minutes of a class constitutes an absence.
Students who qualify for the final exam incentive will have the option of taking the final exam. The exam grade will be calculated into the semester grade if it improves the final semester grade. The final exam grade for exempt students will not negatively affect their semester grade.
Senior Exam Schedule
THURSDAY MAY 19, 2022:
7:35 - 9:05 am: SCIENCE
9:10-10:40 am: MATH
10:50-12:20 pm: ELECTIVE
FRIDAY MAY 20, 2022:
7:35-9:05 am: SOCIAL STUDIES
9:10-10:40 am: ENGLISH
10:50-12:20 pm: APPLIED ARTS/ELECTIVE
Project Graduation Information
- Senior 2022 Project Graduation all night party: Sunday, June 5th. Time TBD: (7:00 pm?)