2015 Year In Review
Intro to marketing
Top 3 Best Marketers of 2015
- Samsung – (why) New devices such as the Samsung galaxy s6 edge, introduce a never before seen concept into the phone market, which has generated Samsung millions. A curved screen has been generally unheard of.
- Sony – (Why) the ps4 sales this year have been immense, they market it the ps4 well via ps4 exclusives, promotions, and bundles. In this case cheaper than its main competitor Microsoft.
- Starbucks, - (Why) Starbucks dominates the coffee market to do its infatuations with the teen age society, (not only because of this, but it certainly contributes) and its social, and meme like tendencies that are prevalent to many young teens helping to contribute to its popularity.
Best and Worst Product of 2015
1. In your opinion, what are two of the best products that were introduced in 2015? Worst new products in 2015?
Samsung Smart TV
Marketed well- simplicity
Samsung Smart Watch
Useless- why talk into your wrist when
you have a phone
Top 2 Movies and Songs
- Star wars – The multi-billion movie franchise had many fans from its debut in the late 90s its created a large fan base. There hadn’t been a release of another star wars movie for many years creating a hype for one to be made. Since many had seen it as kids, they felt they “had” to see the next one.
- Spectre- The james bond movies go back to the 60s, creating a large fanbase. This would almost guarantee the bond followers will see a new one since they had seen the originals as a kid.
1. In your opinion, what were the top two musical artists of 2015 and what did they do to market their music well?
Both of these artist market there music very well, appealing heavily to hip hop culture. Teens and young adults are often a major source of their income, as hip hop/rap isn't as generally appealing to the older generations. Almost all of the high-school students at my local high-school would recognize these names.
Most hated companies in america
Name of the Top 10 List Most Hated Companies_____________________________________
Top 5 on the list?
- General Electric
- Bank of america
New years resolutions
PERSONAL IMPROVEMENT: Get fit
FAMILY AND FRIENDS: Become closer
SCHOOL AND THE OUTSIDE WORLD: Good grades!