Mental disorders: Depression
By Leon Masin
Signs or symptoms of depression
- negative feeling
- negative thinking
- low energy
How does depression effect people.
other names for depression
there are none
- 1. Roughly 20 million people in the United States suffer from depression every year.
- 2. 1 in 4 young adults will suffer an episode of depression before age 24.
- 3. Women are 2 times as likely to suffer from depression than men.
- 4. People who are depressed are more prone to illnesses like colds than non-depressed people.
- 5. Continuous exposure to violence, neglect, abuse, or poverty may make people who are already susceptible to depression all the more vulnerable to the illness.