5th Grade News
For the Week of May 16-20
Core Essential for May: Contentment (The Fox)
- Edit and Publish Memoir
- ***Word Study Assessment - Wednesday, May 18***
- Expressions and Equations (Review)
- ***Algebraic Reasoning Test on Friday, May 20***
- Modern America: The Cold War, Civil Rights Movement, 9/11, Immigration
- ***Modern America Assessment - Thursday, May 19*** (students will be able to use notes and book)
- Begin creation of a 20th century monument depicting an event that changed our lives
- STEM Bridge Building Project (please bring toothpicks and bottle caps)
HOMEWORK - DUE MAY 20
Reading - Read 100 minutes and record on reading log
Social Studies - September 11 Brain Pop Video and Questions - ON CANVAS
Science - Bring toothpicks and bottle caps
Information and News
All library books/fines are due by MAY 20! Please see your homeroom teacher to determine if you have any overdue books.
5th Grade Pool Party - May 25. Only students who turned in their money and permission slips on or before Thursday, April 28 may attend the party. PTA will send out more information as the date approaches.
5th Grade Field Trip to SLJH: May 26. We will return before lunch, so no sack lunch is needed. Permission slips will be coming home soon.
Field Day: May 31
Learning Celebration/Backyard Bash: June 1 (more info on this fun day will be coming!)
Last Day of School: June 2 (early dismissal)
A DVD of our Learning Celebration will be available for purchase. You will receive an email with an order form attached.