January 13, 2021
You will review the STAR, BALLOON, DRAIN, and PRETZEL breathing activities. Pick one to do for the day after reviewing them.
Commitment for the week: Have your child pick which commitment they would like to try for the day:
Use listening ears
Use kind words
Use helping hands
Today's Morning Message:
Little Red sat on the high bed.
Write the message , Read the message, Move your hand under each word as you read. Have your child circle the rhyming pair. Red..bed
Talk about how both words end in -ed. Try to come up with a couple more words that end in -ed.
Have your child point to the letters he/she knows and get them to tell you what they are and their sound.
Moving and Learning
Listen to the story Little Red
- Talk about what an author does(writes the words), what the illustrator does(draw the pictures)
- Where do you start reading? ( top to bottom, left to right)
- Talk about the characters and the setting(where the story takes place)
- Ask questions about the story as you listen to it.
- Get your child to try and retell the story starting from the beginning to the end.
Vocabulary To Review:
- move theater
Write a sentence and get your child to use some kind of manipulative to keep count of the words they hear. For example: I eat food. the child needs to put an object under each word as they say the word then go back and count the objects.
Daily Literacy Practice
- writing your name
- putting together name puzzle
- Writing all of the letters
See Saw Literacy -
Math and Science
connect cubes to make one longer than the other. Talk about how one is longer and how one is shorter. Count the cubes. Talk about how many cubes it would take for the shorter one to be as tall as the taller one.