We explored Dr. Seuss books!
March 14, 2014
Look at what we did!
- In literacy, we read many, many Dr. Seuss books and talked about their features. He used lots of rhyming words, there were lots of silly creatures, and sometimes he taught us life lessons.
- In word work, we practiced hearing the sounds in words. We broke them apart so that we heard the beginning, middle, and ending sounds. We also practiced sight words.
- In writing, we learned how to break a task into small steps to create "How To" writing pieces. We saw just how important it is to be specific and use descriptive language.
- In math, we began our unit on addition. We learned how to join 2 groups to get to the sum and how to draw a picture to help us solve addition problems.
- We visited all 3 kindergarten classes for a Dr. Seuss extravaganza! We even got to try green eggs and ham!
Turn in your Lucky shamrocks! Presentations begin on Monday!
I, can, see, a, me, the, to, go, my, like, am, at, for, look, we, will, come, here, you, is, it, in, have, and, up, on, she, he, no, so, are, went
Guided Reading Next Week
The regular Guided Reading schedules will resume on Monday, March 24th! Thanks for understanding!
5K for Fitness
The third annual 5K for Fitness will take place on Saturday, April 12 at 9 am at McCorkle Place. The 5K for Fitness is sponsored by the Public School Foundation and Fleet Feet Sports.
Whether you love your couch or are a seasoned runner, this is YOUR chance to join the community for weeks of fitness challenges and fun. All levels of walkers and runners are welcome.
Register TODAY! Let's show our DOLPHIN PRIDE!
- St. Patrick's Day
Upcoming Events & Other Information
- Fri, Mar 28 - Due to snow, this will be a regular school day.
- Mon, Mar 31 thru Fri, Apr 4 - Spring Break
- We will learn how to talk about books to show that we're not only listening to the story but also to each other's thoughts about the story.
- We will continue our unit on addition!
- We will continue writing "How to" texts!