CRHS Student & Family Weekly Update
August 30-September 3, 2021
Colonel Richardson High School
Jared Sherman, Assistant Principal
Thomas Jefferson, Dean of Students
Cia North, School Counselor (grades 10 and 12)
Office Phone: 410-479-3678
Google Voice Phone: 301-327-0714 (can receive texts)
Jennifer Reed, School Counselor (grades 9 and 11)
Office Phone: 410-479-3678
Google Voice Phone: 302-272-5313 (can receive texts)
Week at a Glance
Girls Soccer at North Dorchester (2:30pm Departure, 4:00pm Game) (V only)- Scrimmage
Boys Soccer at Woodbridge (2:30pm Departure, 4:00pm Game) (V Only)- Scrimmage
Golf at Hyatt River Marsh (1:30pm Departure)- Match Play
First day of school
Volleyball vs. Woodbridge (4:00pm)- Scrimmage
Girls Soccer vs. Mardela (2:00pm Dismissal) (V only)- Scrimmage
Boys Soccer vs. Mardela (5:00pm Start)- Scrimmage
Football at Wicomico (1:30pm Dismissal) (Freshmen Only)- Scrimmage
Golf at Hog Neck (1:45pm Dismissal)- Match Play
Football vs. Wicomico (6:00pm Game time)- 1st Game of Fall Season
Information from my Email Last Week:
If students did not come to the laptop drive-thrus last week they can pick up their laptop Monday from 7:30-3 pm just ring the front doorbell, or during first period on the first day of school. This is a reminder that parents have to sign the laptop contract in order for students to take their laptops home. A generic contract has been emailed to students and parents if you want to send it in with your child on the first day. If you are not able to send in the pre-signed contract your child will bring home the contract on the first day of school for you to sign, return, and then be able to bring home their laptop the next day.
First Day Jitters:
I know some students are nervous about finding their way around the building, especially since many haven't been here yet. This is understandable, but please do not worry. We will have plenty of staff members in hallways to direct students. Each teacher will also make sure every student knows where to go for the next period throughout the day. Students' first-period teacher will provide them with a folder that will contain the student's:
- PowerSchool information
- lunch number
- locker information
- a school map
First-period teachers will also practice lockers with the students. The first day of school will feel much like a student orientation day.
- Students should bring their laptops back and forth to school daily.
- Car rider drop-off is at the front door. Doors open at 7:30 am, first period starts at 7:43 am.
- Breakfast and lunch are free for all students this year!!!
- Teachers will let students know what school supplies they will need. Pack a pencil and some paper for day one.
- We always have extra school supplies available.
- Students' schedules are available on PowerSchool now. If a student has a schedule concern/question or forgot their PS login they should email their school counselor. Here is a link to helpful PS tips if needed.
- Dress Code- this is a reminder that students' pants need to sit at their natural waistline, no crop tops, no holes/rips in jeans that are above the fingertips, shorts/skirts/dresses need to be at or past the fingertips, and no undergarments showing.
- MASKS are required to be worn by staff and students.
- Students may bring water bottles to school.
- Student-Athletes- Masks must be worn on the bus to/from games/events
- Visiting fans are allowed
- Masks are mandatory for any spectators that come inside the school building
- There will be admission costs this year
Parking Pass Info (Repost)
Mr. Jefferson, our Dean of Students has emailed parking pass information and applications to students' CCPS email accounts. The CRHS administration will also hold a meeting with students during the first week of school to review the parking lot rules. These are the items needed for permission to park in the CRHS lot.
- Completed driver application (emailed to students)
- $30 fee for the year
- Provide a copy of the students' drivers license
- Provide proof of insurance
- Provide a copy of the vehicle registration
If you have any questions please email Mr. Jefferson or see him at lunch!