The Principal's Pen
East Coventry Elementary School
Dear EC Families,
Next week, the EC Parent survey will be made available to all families. The survey will include three important areas: Curriculum/Instruction, Communication and Safety/Security. This annual survey is an important component of the school's continuous improvement plan. Your input is important as we refine our approaches to providing the EC community with the very best educational experiences possible. The survey will remain open for approximately two weeks. Once the results are compiled, the results will be shared and posted on the EC website.
Please look for the email this week announcing that the scheduling window for March Parent-Teacher Conferences is available. I encourage you to schedule a conference with your child's teacher on either March 6th or 7th to discuss his or her academic progress as it relates to the state standards.
Have you changed your telephone number or email recently? Please call the school office at 610-469-5103 and let us know so we can update your information. It's important to have your up-to-date contact information in the event of a sick child or a weather related closing or delay.
Thank you to the ECPTA for organizing the Someone Special Dance last Friday evening. The evening was a great opportunity for families to enjoy some music and dancing. Please join us at the next general membership meeting on Wednesday, February 20th at 7PM in the EC Innovation Center.
As always, thank you for your support. Todd Oswald
IMPORTANT - Calendar Reminder
REVISED--- 6th Grade Parents/Guardians:
March Parent-Teacher Conferences - SCHEDULING BEGINS THIS WEEK
February 14th through March 4th - Conference scheduling open in Skyward for parents
Important Dates for 2018-19 School Year
- PMEA Chorus Fest - Downingtown East High School - Thursday, February 14th
- Professional Development Day - No Students - Friday, February 15th
- No School for Students/Staff - President's Day - Monday, February 18th
- ECPTA General Membership Meeting - Wednesday, February 20th at 7PM
- 6th grade Parent Meeting at OJR Middle School - Thursday, February 21st at 6:30PM
- OJR Read-in - Friday, March 1st
- Trimester 2 Ends - Tuesday, March 5th
- 1/2 Days for Students- Dismissal at 11:50AM - Wednesday and Thursday, March 6th and 7th
- Spring Parent-Teacher Conferences - 2-8PM - Wednesday and Thursday, March 6th and 7th
- Trimester 2 Grades Available in Skyward - Thursday, March 14th
- Spring Break - April 17-April 22nd (April 17 and 18 are snow make-up days)
- PSSA English Language Arts Testing -Grades 3-6: April 23-26
- PSSA Math Testing - Grades 3-6: April 29-May 1
- PSSA Science Testing - Grade 4: May 2-3