The stage procession will be live-streaming for additional family and friends to enjoy off campus or at home on Saturday, June 20 at 10AM.
May 11, 2020 & May 12, 2020 – Cap & Gown Distribution
- Students pick up their cap, gown, tassel, honor cowls, medals and diploma cover.
- Students will be permitted to decorate their graduation caps this year only. The decoration MUST be appropriate.
May 19, 2020
- Cap & Gown pickup makeup date between 1pm and 2pm at door #12 in the Lincoln loop.
May 19, 2020 – Quality Student Celebration
- Members of the Quality Student committee will be delivering the award, dinner for the family catered and packaged by Donna Eick
- May 28th and June 3rd from 3pm to 7pm
- June 1st and June 5th from 11am to 3pm
- Students should also plan to return school issued materials such as books and calculators. Chromebooks will be collected at a later date TBD
- Entrance is through the Lincoln parking lot, doors #10 and #11
- Students will be escorted through the building
June 8, 2020 Subject Area Honor Society
- Recipients will be notified and congratulated by the individual honor society liaisons.
- Subject Area Honor Society cords will be mailed home to qualifying individuals. (Seniors only)
June 9, 2020 Senior Awards
- Our senior awards program will be delivered virtually this year to individuals receiving awards.
- Recipient’s names and awards will be listed in a newsletter and sent to all students, parents and staff.
- Senior awards and certificates will be given to individuals during the phase 3 of graduation when student will receive their diplomas.
June 10, 2020 LHS Sports Awards
- Our athletic awards ceremony will also be done virtually this year and shared with those individuals.
- Awards will be given to seniors during phase 4 of graduation (diploma distribution).
- Students in grades 9-11 will receive their awards via mail.
June 18, 2020 Parking Lot Decoration Celebration (rain date 6/19/20)
- Seniors will sign up for a 1-hour time slot to decorate a parking spot in the LHS parking lot. The link to the signups is below in a separate button.
- Students should bring their own chalk including sidewalk chalk, chalk pastels or erasable chalk markers.
- Décor MUST be appropriate or it will be removed.
- Extra chalk will be available for use.
- Hot dogs will be provided and sponsored by Student Council.
- Speeches from the Superintendent, Principal, Board of Education President, Keynote Speaker Keah Brown, Class Valedictorian, Class Salutatorian, Co-Class Presidents, a slideshow of all 2020 graduates and footage from the graduation parade will be sent to students, parents and staff on June 27th.
- The slideshow will be aired on LCTV several times between June 27th and June 30th.
Drive-through Parade at Lockport High School on 6/20/20
(Rain date 6/27/20)
- Students, and only immediate family members who reside in the same household, should arrive by assigned time and leave after their individual recognition. This is directly from the NYS Department of Health release 6/4/20. There should only be as many people as there are seats in the vehicle.
- There should only be one car per graduate.
- Seniors are expected to dress appropriately along with their cap and gown. Students are allowed to appropriately decorate their cap for this year only.
- Seniors will begin lining up in the Kenan Center parking lot at 9:45am. Specific alphabet times are listed below.
- Students with the last names A-M should line up at 9:45am. The Valedictorian, Salutatorian and Co-Class Presidents will be the first four cars in the parade.
- Students with the last names N-Z should line up at 11:30am.
- Cars should enter the Kenan Center parking lot through the entrance off of Beattie Avenue.
- Seniors should then proceed out of the Kenan Center parking lot left onto Locust Street.
- Cars should enter the Locust Circle of the high school.
- The route will take cars through the high school parking lot, behind the school, onto Lincoln Avenue and finishing in the Lincoln loop.
- The Pomp & Circumstance song along with a Lockport police officer will note the start of the procession at 11am.
- Cars will proceed through four stations identified by tables, balloons and staff.
- Station 1 is in the Kenan Parking lot where families will receive a sign for their car window indicating they are a part of the Class of 2020 procession. Graduates will also receive the program and an index card. Graduates should write their name pronunciation on the index card to be given to Mrs. Menges at the podium before the stage.
- Station 2 is at the parking lot entrance off of the Locust loop. At this station, graduates will receive a senior gift and a luminaire. Students are asked to take the luminaries home to be lit at 9:30pm. They can be placed on porches or in driveways to indicate to neighbors and the community that you are the home of a proud graduate.
- Station 3 will be located outside the Library doors on the Lincoln parking side of the building. Here, students should return any school issued items including chrome books.
- Station 4 is in the Lincoln loop in the front of the building. Here there will be a stage where Mrs. Wylke will be located. Students should exit their car (wearing a mask) and proceed to the stage where they will receive their diploma and appropriate awards.
- Students are encouraged to decorate their cars.
- Once students receive their diploma, cars can proceed right out of the loop towards Locust Street. Cars will be directed left onto Locust Street where the parade will be completed. A map of the parade is attached.
- Once students receive their diploma, cars can proceed right out of the loop towards Locust Street. Cars will be directed left onto Locust Street where the parade will be completed. A map of the parade is forthcoming.
- Expectations: All family members should remain in the car at all times. We ask that all family members be prepared with a mask in the event that staff need to approach the vehicle to give items to the graduate. The graduate is the only person permitted to exit their car, wearing a mask, throughout the parade experience. There are no spectators allowed on campus or throughout the route to ensure the safety of all graduates, vehicles and staff. Our graduation ceremony has always been very classy. Please refrain from playing loud music and throwing things in celebration from the car. We MUST respect our ceremony and the neighboring houses of Lockport High School.
- If a family has extenuating circumstances regarding the format of the graduation they should contact Dawn Wylke at 478-4453 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The stage will be live streamed for additional family members and friends to watch from their homes.