OHS STORM FORECAST
Owyhee High School 101: Must Read Info for OHS - 9/3/21
Attendance Line: 208-350-4623
- Your child is sick or going out of town and you need to report their absence.
- Your child has an appointment and you need to check them out early.
- Please give at least one hour notice when checking students out so we have time to get your student from class.
- Students who drive can leave at the requested time after they receive their pass.
- Due to time constraints, we can't guarantee requests to leave school early, past 2:00 pm.
- Please limit calls to our Main Office number for non-attendance related needs so we may better serve our parents and students. Thank you!
Road Construction Update
Please click on the "Ustick/McDermott Road Construction Update" link for the official announcement from ACHD.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Mask Exemption Forms
Parents who choose to fill out a mask exemption form can drop it off at the Owyhee High School Main Office. Please bring your driver's license for verification.
If you believe you purchased an Activity Card and the decal is NOT printed on your Student ID, please stop by the Bookkeeping window before school or during lunch to get the decal added to your Student ID
When is Homecoming?
The first ever Owyhee High School Homecoming week is October 11 - 16! The Homecoming Football game is Friday, October 15 at 7 pm versus Boise High School. The Homecoming Dance is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, October 16 from 7-10pm. It will be held outside in the OHS Quad. Start making your plans now! More details to follow.
When are picture re-takes?
Picture re-takes will be Thursday, October 7. Student's who want a picture re-take can sign up outside Mrs. Zuroeveste's Room #212.
Can my student leave campus for lunch?
Students 10th - 12th grade may leave campus. Owyhee is a closed campus for 9th graders during lunch. *Please keep in mind the current road construction situation. It would be wise for students to eat FREE school provided lunch, or bring a lunch from home.
Free School Lunch All Year!
All children enrolled in West Ada School buildings will be served a free breakfast and lunch each school day! West Ada schools will be serving free meals to students enrolled in district school buildings for the 2021-2022 School Year.
What does this mean for you and your kids? All students enrolled into West Ada School buildings will eligible to receive a free breakfast and free lunch each learning day.
Parent Drop Off and Pick Up Area
Owyhee Spirit Gear
Please click on the" OHS Spirit Gear Sale" link below or copy and paste this link into your browser:
Use discount code: spirit21
*Discount expires September 12, 2021 at 9:59 pm.
All Owyhee students who drive to school are required to purchase a parking permit. Permits can be purchased at any time throughout the school year. If your student needs a parking permit:
- Please pay the $10 parking permit fee on myschoolfees.com or pay the bookkeeper in person with a check or cash. Credit cards are not accepted at school. The bookkeeper is available before school, at lunch, and after school.
- When the fee is paid and the student parking contract is complete, our security officer, Travis Stuart, will be distributing parking passes before school, at lunch, and after school. His office is located directly across from the Main Office.
- The link to the "OHS Parking Contract" form is below.
The PSAT/NMSQT test will be held at OHS on October 13th. All sophomores will take the exam at no cost to the student.
Juniors should consider taking the exam due to the opportunity to qualify for the NMSQT scholarship. The cost for juniors is $25, payable at the bookkeeper's office. Deadline for signing up is September 10th @ 3:30 PM.
*More information about the National Merit Scholarship Program can be viewed HERE.
Concurrent Credit courses and Fast Forward funding
Please also read important information found HERE regarding risk of losing Fast Forward funding if a grade is not earned in a concurrent credit course.
Important Yearbook Information
Yearbooks are now on sale! Don't miss out on the FIRST EVER Owyhee yearbook! Such a valuable way to capture this monumental year. The program is already starting strong, and we can't wait to showcase all that Owyhee has to offer this year.
Yearbooks are $65 and are sold through myschoolfees.com AND through this link: https://www.yearbookordercenter.com/index.cfm/job/21856. If you use the second link (Yearbook Order Center), you can also customize your front cover with a name stamp!
SENIOR PARENTS - Owyhee yearbook will customize the senior section with senior photos YOU can submit, so schedule your senior photo sessions early! These will be due October 29th to https://hjeshare.com/eShare/?code=owyheestorm. If you aren't interested in submitting your own photos, we will also take tux and drape photos on October 15th during the school day. If we don't receive a submitted senior photo from you by October 29th, we will use the tux and drape photo instead. Here are the guidelines for submitted senior photos:
- Submit senior photos to HJeshare.com
- School code: owyheestorm
- Digital photos ONLY
- Must be 300 DPI
- Headshots ONLY – full-length shots do not print well in yearbook and would be cropped
- Prior to uploading, save photo file as Lastname_Firstname.jpg
- All photos must meet OHS dress code and are subject to review
- No standing/sitting on railroad tracks (it’s a law)
- All photos with an American flag must follow the law – 4 U.S. Code §8 – Respect for Flag
- Please do not include photographer watermark
- Senior photos that do not follow these specifications are not usable and may not be included in the yearbook!
Thanks Owyhee! Email email@example.com with any questions. 🙂
Participation Fees and Optional Fees
There are no required course fees at Owyhee High School.
All participation fees and activity cards are required to be paid by participants on sport and activity teams, prior to the first competition.
Sports Participation Fee $110.00
Activity Card (including tax) $44.50
Optional Fees for the 2021-2022 school year are now available on myschoolfees.com
Parking Permit $10.00
PSAT( for juniors only) $25.00
Yearbooks (including tax) $65.00
Device Insurance Option $25.00
Credit Card payments can be made at myschoolfees.com. Payments made in-person to the bookkeeper must be check or cash.
The West Ada School District is actively looking for dedicated, caring, and compassionate paraprofessionals to join our special education team assisting students within both general and special education classrooms. You will be working with students to provide them the supplemental academic, social and/or behavior support they need. Typical tasks include working with students in groups and individually during lessons as well as perform other duties to assist the school in providing meaningful instructional experiences for all students.
Interested in working with us? For more information about the application process and current job openings, please click on the links below: