Major Family Update
February 21st 2021
The staff at Sir JAM continue to plan engaging activities within their classrooms and for our school. Please put the virtual book fair on your calendar and look our for some special activities coming in March. To find out more about our school happenings, please join us at our next parent council virtual meeting on Tuesday, February 23rd at 6 pm.
Majorly Impressive Ice Structure Projects!
We "Lava" Science!
Students in Ms. Allen's class conducted experiments to create some "lava lamp" chemical reactions.
Mme Louise's class played some fraction bingo to introduce fractional thinking to her Grade 1 students.
Celebrating Black History
Students are have continued to research and present their learning celebrating the contributions of Black Canadians. Let's keep the learning going!
We "Lava" Science!
Monday, February 22nd Day 3
- Indigenous Project Team: Welcome Gillian Mundell
- Pita Pita Fundraiser continues this week
- LDSB moving to a new student information system this week called Aspen. IT is on track with conversion tasks for proper configuration and data migration.
Tuesday, February 23rd Day 4
- Virtual SAC meeting at 6:00 pm
Wednesday, February 24th Day 5
- Boys and Girls Club Pink Shirt Day-Wear Pink, Majors!
Thursday, February 25th Day 1
- Purim (Sunset to Sunset until 26th )
- Pizza Pizza Family Dinner Night
Friday, February 26th Day 2
- Red Friday
- Joanne Bannister's Last Day at Sir JAM
March 1st Welcome Back Mme Cooper-McDonough
March 8th International Women's Day
March 8th Scott/Turcotte Gould Lake Workshop
March 8th -Opt in Return to In Person Learning Start Date
March 10th -Siemonson/Allen -Gould Lake Workshop
March 11th Pizza Pizza Family Dinner Night
March 22nd-Virtual Book Fair Begins
- Do not drop off or pick up students in the staff parking lot at arrival and dismissal times.
- Please do not park in fire lanes.
- Please respect parking signs and time limits. Please not that bylaw enforcement officers will be patrolling our neighbourhood.
- Always slow down and watch for children in the vicinity of the school.
- Please do not stop in the roundabout in the visitor parking lot
Family Dinner Nights -Pizza Pizza & Pita Pit
- Pita Pit will donate $1 for every Pita ordered to Sir JAM. Just make sure to mention our school name. This is a daily fundraiser that runs until the end of March. A big thank-you to Pita Pit for supporting our school!
- Every second Thursday, call Pizza Pizza's local number and dedicate your order specifically to our school fundraiser and pick up your own pizza. 5% of your order is donated back to our school. So, make sure to dial the local number 613-545-1639 to order and do your own pick up! A big THANK YOU to our local Pizza Pizza store on Hwy 15. Pizza Pizza Night is scheduled for Thursday, February 25th!
KFL&A Covid-19 Reminders
- Stay local and avoid non-essential travel outside of the KFL&A region, especially travel between areas that remain under the stay-at-home order.
- Limit close contact to your household (the people you live with).
- Stay home as much as possible.
- If you have any symptoms of illness—isolate and get tested.
Thank-you for supporting the health and well-being of our staff and students. Please continue to complete the daily screener prior to sending children to school and have a safe and happy Family Day!
We're getting ready to welcome future Majors! LDSB has begun the process of registering students for Kindergarten for 2021-2022 school year.
Our school offers both English and French Immersion programs. Please follow the link below for more information about Kindergarten in LDSB.
Be Prepared to Show ID
March Break Postponed
Bus Delays and Cancellations
We had our first inclement weather day when all buses were cancelled. Families of bus students should ensure they are signed up to receive direct notifications, either by email, or Tri-Board’s app. Delays and cancellations are also posted to Tri-Board’s Twitter account. Please have a back-up plan if your child's bus is cancelled! A reminder that when a bus run is cancelled in the morning, it will not run at the end of the day.
Maltby Online Workshops: Autism Services
This link will take you to information and LDSB tools for reporting student absences.