Oakdale Eagles Soar
KUDOS to ALL our 2-5th AU for participating and medaling in the Fall Special Olympics:)!!!! We also want to send a special recognition to the K-1 students who were an important part of their training!!!!!
Shout out to the Kindergarten Team for providing wrap-around service to Mr. Williams as he works daily to sharpen his skill as classroom teacher!
Ms. Sorrells for organizing Red Ribbon Week!!! Please send me pictures...Students as well as staff seemed to enjoy participating!!!
All who have and are planning to Support the Second Harvest Food Bank Drive...Mr. Martin has had to create additional boxes to hold donations!!! ( I also heard that we have such a serious competition that some are hoarding their contributions...
Thank you, Mr. Martin for helping us to host Hands on Charlotte this weekend, the campus looks GREAT!!!!
To all staff for the way you have embraced my new way of life in terms of scheduling time to see me. Your initial reactions are priceless!
Ms. Harlan for creating an iBook (popplet) with Ms. Corrigan's class!!!! Love how we are using technology:)
We are designing teams of teachers who collaborate to prepare our students for 21st Century Learning!!!
We exist to shape the futures of our students and evidenced by these up and coming authors!!!
We are creating students who take pride in showing school spirit and thrive from the love shown to them by their teacher!
Data, Data, Data...
Rethinking Classroom Data with Purpose in Mind
Friday Dr. G and I had an opportunity to visit River Oaks Elementary and look at how they collect and utilize data. It was an eye opening experience and sparked many questions about how do we want to tell our story through data here at Oakdale. We will begin to share some examples with you in your data meetings and in upcoming newsletters.
I would like to assemble a data team that would examine our current practices and make suggestions based on our school and our goals. If this interests you, please let me know.
What advice can you give to help have great parent-teacher conferences?
What questions do you have about holding parent-teacher conferences?
Choose one of the two questions. Open the link and record your response.
- Type your name
- Click join
- Answer the question
Don’t forget that October is also the month for benefits enrollment. There are lots of changes and new options in the State Health Plan this year. If you don’t participate in enrollment, you’ll be automatically defaulted to the 70/30 plan. Benefits counselors will visit every CMS location during October and will be present at four flu clinics on Saturdays in October. Learn more at cms.hrintouch.com
- First round Pre-Conferences and Observations have begun
- Quarter Ends October 29th
- Please continue to review the Non-Negotiables...
- Working on a schedule for Hip Hop Abs in the gym; need someone to lead it... (4:00-4:45)
- Save the dates... Kim S. will be back on the following dates to provide support on Mini Lessons:10/31; 11/8; 11/14 as the dates get closer, we will send out the schedules.
Strategic Plan 2018
Below is a link that you can access to see the 6 goals that we as a district will focus on and as you read them, there are many things we are doing at the school level that fall in line with the plan.
Schedule for this Week
- Kim S. here to coach model lessons 1st-5th. Will schedule K for next time due to meeting conflicts. See schedule attached to this email.
- Pasta for Pennies Assemblies ( see email from Heath last week) 1:30 for K-2 and 2:15 for AU and 3-5 in the gym
Tuesday Oct. 29 Day 4
- Last day of 1st quarter
Wednesday Oct. 30 Day 5
- Optional (3-5) PEP Session in the Lab. If you do not attend, you are still responsible for completing your PEP's.
- PTA Cookie Fundraiser are delivered
Thursday Oct. 31 Day 6
- SLT Meeting 7:30 in the Media Center
- Kim S. returns
- Kindergarten Hat Day
- Thursday Folders go home
Friday Nov. 1
- NO SCHOOL for students
- District-wide Parent-Teacher Conference Date (required day if conferences are not complete)