Lakeview Family Newsletter ~ December 4
Prefer to read this in a different language? Click "translate".
¿Prefieres leer esto en otro idioma? Haga clic en "traducir".
Preferoni ta lexoni këtë në një gjuhë tjetër? Klikoni "përkthe".
هل تفضل قراءة هذا بلغة مختلفة؟ انقر فوق "ترجمة".
• Consistent attendance is the key to independence. Students that are not here every day are confused.
• Students need think time. When a teacher asks a question, a child needs about 10 seconds to think through an answer before responding. If you don't hear your student answer right away, that's actually a good thing!
• Students need to struggle a little when learning. Our teachers are experts at letting students struggle productively with something that is just slightly too hard. That is how we learn new things! Resist the temptation to jump in and help.
• If you do interact with your child while they are on Zoom, keep it positive and keep it fun. You are building their self-image as a learner in front of other students. This is what our teachers would do as well.
Thank you - we know these are difficult and unique times. We appreciate the teamwork.
Supplies, Pictures, and Picture Retakes
Picture retakes - If you did not get your student's picture taken in November OR if you would like to retake pictures, you may do that on Friday, December 11 between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. in the Lakeview gym. Please click this link to sign up for a picture time using our Sign-up Genius.
• There is an open position on the executive board for secretary. You may nominate yourself or someone else by emailing the PTO at Lakeviewsmpto@gmail.com Nominations must be received prior to the December PTO meeting and a vote will be taken that night.
• The December PTO meeting is December 17th from 7-8 p.m. on Zoom. Click here for the Zoom link that evening.
• A Lakeview staff cookbook is now available for just $5. Please watch for times and places to purchase.
• There will be an online Bingo night on January 21. Mark your calendar!
Butter Braids are back!
Dear Lion Families:
We are excited to announce our Butter Braid fundraiser is back by popular demand! These delicious, hand-braided pastries are available in the following flavors:
Apple, Cream cheese, Raspberry
Blueberry cream cheese
Cinnamon, Strawberry cream cheese
Decadent caramel rolls and cinnamon rolls are also available for purchase. All products arrive frozen, so you can thaw and bake as desired.
Fundraising begins 11/16/20 and will be delivered to Lakeview on 12/16/20. In addition to paper order forms, online ordering is also available for your convenience. Click this link to register and order. These pastries are great for any occasion, so be sure to stock up!
Please email April Swanson, Lakeview PTO President, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Thanks for supporting Lakeview Elementary!