Green & Growing
Franklin County 4-H News - August 2020
End of Year County 4-H Awards
Make sure you take the opportunity to fill out the appropriate award forms so that you can receive the credit you deserve for all of your accomplishments in 4-H! Here are the awards that are available...
Clover Award Forms (project members only)
These simple award forms are easy to fill out. Just mark off the activities that you've participated in this year, add up your points, and find out if you've qualified for a Gold, Silver, or Bronze Clover Pin Award. New online form this year!
Community Service, Leadership, & Public Speaking Awards (project members only)
Community Service, Leadership, & Public Speaking award details are located on the Clover Award Form (new for this year). Check off the activities that you've completed on each of these forms to see if you've qualified for one or all of these award pins.
Outstanding 4-H Member of the Year Award (project members only)
This competitive award is only given to a select few in each age category to honor those that have gone above and beyond in their 4-H experiences. Award reviewers compile scores from clover and pin awards, review project and 4-H experiences, and read the short response essays on the online application to select the winners of this award.
Cloverbud Pin Award (Cloverbud members only)
Our youngest members in Kindergarten through second grade can complete this form to receive their Cloverbud Pin Award at the recognition program. New online form this year!
ALL MEMBER AWARD FORMS ARE DUE SEPTEMBER 4, 2020.
We are working diligently to finalize details for the recognition program. Please keep an eye out for more information to be shared soon!
Please contact Rachel at Stoneburner.firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Club Awards (Honor Club & Helping Hand)
- Requirements for honor club were scaled back some this year in an effort to allow clubs a more attainable goal in a year with so many changes.
- The application can be done completely online if the club has electronic files of treasury records and secretary minutes. (If not, they can be dropped off at the Extension Office.)
- Only 6 (instead of 9) of the club activities are required in Part A of the requirements. The scrapbook was changed to an optional activity and placed in Part A. Scrapbooks can be a video, electronic file, or hard copy. (Hard copies can be dropped off at the office.)
- We are requesting some pictures from the past year (September - August) of 4-H Honor clubs in action to be uploaded to the application. It's optional but we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to showcase the clubs in this year's recognition program.
2020 Honor Club Award Application
HELPING HANDS CLUB AWARD
- The Helping Hands Club Awards are meant to recognize clubs that use their hands to better service in reaching out to their surrounding communities. The application is nearly the same this year.
- We are requesting some pictures from the past year (September - August) of Helping Hands Award clubs in action to be uploaded to the application. It's optional but we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to showcase the clubs in this year's recognition program.
2020 Helping Hands Award Application
In recent years, our clubs receiving the Honor Club and Helping Hands Awards received a small cash award thanks to the generosity of the Franklin County 4-H Council. Unfortunately, this year, the Council was unable to participate in their major fundraisers. The Pop Stand and the Annual Pork Dinner at the fair were unable to take place. Sadly, this means that their treasury has to cut back on expenses. While they are extremely proud of the work that the honor clubs and helping hands clubs have worked so hard, the Council had to make the tough decision to not give cash awards for Honor Club and Helping Hands this year. The 4-H Council hopes you understand that this decision was made in an effort to be financially responsible.
Post Fair Evaluation Survey
2020 4-H Project Evaluation Results
Congrats to all of our 4-H members who completed their 4-H projects and exhibited them at the Franklin County Fair!
Results for non-livestock projects are posted on our website, in the Franklin County 4-H app, and on the Franklin County Junior Fair Facebook page.
OSU Extension, Franklin
For an accessible format of this publication, visit cfaes.osu.edu/accessibility.