Week 26: February 21 - 25, 2022
MONDAY - 2/21
- No School - President's Day
TUESDAY - 2/22
- Washington’s Birthday 2/22
- IOC Meeting “2” Day Spirit Day (C/O 2022) Lunch
- V Baseball vs Alta Loma Home 3:15 PM
- JV Baseball @ Alta Loma Tournament 3:15 PM
- F Baseball @ Alta Loma Tournament 3:15 PM
- V Softball @ Norco Tournament 7:00 PM
- V Boys Tennis vs Beckman Home 3:15 PM
WEDNESDAY - 2/23
- House of Reps Meeting
- V Baseball @ South Hills Tournament tba
- JV Baseball vs Arcadia – South Hills Tournament 3:00 PM
- F Baseball vs Village Christian – South Hills Tournament 3:00 PM
- V Softball @ Huntington Beach – Norco Tournament 5:00 PM
THURSDAY - 2/24
- ALL CLUB CALENDAR SIGNING PARTY 3:15 PM
- Pathways Academy Trip @ Craig Park
- V Boys Tennis @ Bolsa Grande 3:15 PM
- JV Boys Tennis vs Bolsa Grande Home 3:15 PM
- ELAC Meeting 6:30 PM
- Showchoir Pop Showcase @ 7:00 PM
- V Softball @ La Habra – Norco Tournament 7:00 PM
FRIDAY - 2/25
- BYO Banana Day!! Lunch C/O 2025 Spirit Day
- V Softball @ Roosevelt – Norco Tournament 5:00 PM
- Showchoir Pop Showcase @ 7:00 PM
SATURDAY - 2/26
- Revolutionary PSAT Prep Test (Virtual)
- Clothing Drive Fundraiser (Heart of Hope) 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
DBHS Athletics Calendar - Click HERE for all athletic contests!
Bull's Eye Focus on Black History
Assistant Feature Editor, Natasha Chang writes, "Like much of the entertainment world, the fashion industry is largely influenced by Black culture and artists. In most cases, however, this community is credited incorrectly, if at all, leading to a lot of obscured talent. In light of Black History Month, here are some prominent Black artists that have taken the world by storm." Click HERE to read more!
Seniors! Mt. Sac Opportunity for Summer 2022
Seniors, Mt. Sac is excited to invite you and your parents to their Summer Programs Extravaganza event! There will be a virtual event on March 8 and 10 in the evening and an in-person event on Saturday morning March 12.
The virtual event will provide students and parents information about their Summer program opportunities. Their Saturday in-person event will have campus tours, resource fair with all of their Summer Programs, application workshops to apply for Bridge, Financial Aid, and Mt SAC, fun activities and games, and FREE food including shaved ice available from Kona Ice!
Students can register themselves and up to 2 other guests through the QR code on the flyer above. Space will be limited!
The Open Letter Project
Our IB students are working with our Arts and Activities programs to produce a special school event, a live reading of Martin Luther King’s Open Letter from Birmingham Jail on March 4.
- This letter is not only an historical document, presenting the perspectives and experiences of Black Americans during the 1960s; the letter also provides a road map to a more peaceful society that holds itself accountable to justice and the promise that "All Men Are Created Equal."
Special thanks to Ms. Dena Lordi and our IB students for organizing such a powerful activity for our entire campus!
Are you interested in taking a summer school class at DBHS?
Please visit the DBHS summer school page or click here for information about our summer school programs.
Summer school classes will take place in person on campus from June 6 – July 14.
Registration for non-remediation non tuition classes will take place from Friday, February 11 to Friday, February 25.
Please note that seats for the non-remediation non tuition courses are filled by a lottery system.
Class rosters for these courses will be posted on Monday, February 28 by 8:00 p.m.
Use your WVUSD email when registering. You will need to confirm your seat if your ID is on the roster.
Dedicated to Learning (D2L) tuition course registration will open on Tuesday, February 22.
If you received a D/F in a class needed for graduation and you think you need to retake a class for credit this summer, please see your GLC.
Summer School Admin Team
Reminder - Last Day to change a level of a course - Friday, February 25, 2022
The end of our 6-week grading period was February 17. *Note, the 6th week grade is not reported on your official academic transcript, but is used as site progress check to inform and communicate academic progress.
Also, February 25 is the last day to adjust from an Honors-level course to a College-Prep course.
See your GLC if you have any questions.
SAVE THE DATE . . . March 2, 2022 - IB Prep Parent Meeting!
Please mark your calendars, and save Wednesday, March 2, 2022 for our IB Prep, Performing Arts, & Athletics Parent Meeting!
At this meeting, information about IB, Performing Arts and Athletics will be shared with parents.
Click HERE for important statistics about our IB Program!
Diamond Bar Woman’s Club 2022 Scholarship Application
- Applicants must enroll at a Community College, Trade School or Certificate Program for the Fall
- Applicants must be a graduating high school senior (Diamond Bar or Diamond Ranch HS) with a sincere desire to pursue post- secondary education.
- Applicants must have maintained a minimum G.P.A. of 2.5 throughout high school.
- Upon proof of enrollment, a check will be sent to the College/School on your behalf.
***Click HERE to access the scholarship application!
Application Package must contain all six of the following:
1. Application: completed with community activities and signed by applicant and parent.
2. Autobiography (One to two-pages, typed 12 Font) Tell us your story, such as:
- What are your educational goals? Why?
- How has extracurricular activities/volunteer organizations benefited you?
3. Transcript: Official High School Transcript
4. Recommendation: Letter from your school (i.e., Counselor/Principal/Teacher) and/or from a community member (i.e., Church/Club/Employer).
5. Verification of legal presence in the United States: (Include a copy of an acceptable document: Birth Certificate, Certificate of US Citizenship, Unexpired US Passport, Valid permanent resident card issued by Dept. Homeland Security, US Certificate of Naturalization, Valid State ID Card or Driver’s License, or Document of approved deferred action including DACA Program)
6. Photography Waiver: Photos will be taken during awards presentation for publicity use by DBWC. I give permission for my son/daughter to be photographed for this purpose.
Mail the completed package or email a PDF copy no later than Friday, April 8, 2022
Diamond Bar Woman’s Club, Pam Robinson, Scholarship Co-Chair
PO Box 4035, Diamond Bar, CA 91765
Winners will be notified in May and will attend a Woman’s Club meeting on Wednesday, May 18, 2022, to be acknowledged and complete needed paperwork. For further information contact Pam Robinson (909) 210-2679 or email at the above
Tzu Chi USA Scholarship Program!
*Need Help With College Tuition?
Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation is pleased to announce its annual
Scholarship program for students with financial need,
outstanding academic achievements and community involvement.
Open to All High School Seniors
Selected applicants will receive $1,500 tuition assistance
To Apply Online, Please Visit
Deadline: March 31, 2022
College & Career Updates
Harvey Mudd College Women Engineers and Scientists of Tomorrow!
- Sign up for the annual Harvey Mudd College Women Engineers and Scientists of Tomorrow (WEST) Conference 2022 held on Saturday April 2nd from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM Pacific Time on Zoom.
- WEST Conference is a one day conference for high school girls to visit the Harvey Mudd College campus (through Zoom), participate in a day of science and engineering workshops, and get an idea of what it is like to be a woman scientist or engineer for a day.
- Participants have the opportunity to attend workshops presented by our very own Mudd professors. Attending students are allowed a chance to listen and ask questions to a panel of current Mudd students from each technical major.
- Parents are welcome to attend certain parts of the conference such as the panel, admission talk, and keynote speaker. In addition, there will be opportunities for participants to chat with professors, current Mudd students, and other attendees in breakout rooms, during breaks, and at lunch.
- WEST Conference is only $5 to attend.
- Please register here: https://forms.gle/yc7wqQ1 DVuR 6X9 and venmo our treasurer Megan @meganchenaz. Any additional donations would also be greatly appreciated to support our future SWE events!
Save the Date... English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) Meeting - February 24
Hello DBHS Families,
Please join us for our 3rd English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) meeting this year! Our meeting is scheduled for Thursday, February 24th at 6:30 PM. Come find out information about the English Learner program at DBHS! You will have an opportunity to meet our EL staff and provide input about our EL program. Your participation and input are greatly appreciated! At this meeting, we will be discussing ideas about different workshops you would like to see in the future. We hope you can join us!
If you missed our last meeting in November, please see our meeting slides on our ELAC page on the DBHS website. Click HERE!
Hope to see you on Thursday, February 24th at 6:30 PM. *A link to the meeting will be posted on our ELAC homepage just prior to the start of the meeting.*
Looking forward to seeing you!
Your EL Coordinators,
Thanks for a great Baseball Golf Tournament Fundraiser!
Special thanks Head Coach David Lopez for organizing the 5th Annual Baseball Golf Fundraiser!
150 golfers took the course at Los Serranos Country Club in Chino Hills for 18 holes of golf, catered lunch, raffles, live and silent auctions, and a whole lot of fun supporting our Brahma Baseball team.
NCAA Eligibility Center
NCAA Eligibility Center
Attention Senior Student-Athletes:
If you plan on participating in college-level athletics at the NCAA Division I or II levels and are in contact with college coaches, you must be certified as an eligible athlete by the NCAA ELIGIBILITY CENTER.
*Register online at www.eligibilitycenter.org.
Mr. Patterson, our NCAA GLC, will be notified by the Eligibility Center once you have registered. At that time, your transcript will be sent to the Eligibility Center by Mr. Patterson. Only students in the Class of 2022 should register at this time.
Weekly COVID Testing @ DBHS
Each MONDAY at DBHS, we will be providing voluntary COVID testing for all WVUSD students and staff. The drive-through clinics will occur in our Faculty Parking lot. Testing is also available at Suzanne Middle School (Tuesday), South Pointe Middle School (Wednesday), Walnut High School (Tuesday) and Walnut City Library (Thursday).
Please utilize the registration link if you would like to COVID test.
*No appointments are needed, but preregistration is requested.