Ferson Creek eNews
November 13, 2020
From the Principal...Kristy McKnight
Today marks the end of the first trimester. We are one third of the way done with the school year. It always go so fast! Report cards will be viewable in Home Access Center on Wednesday, December 2nd.
Please make sure you complete the second semester student attendance selection form by today. This will assist us in our planning for the second half of the school year.
As we are seeing an increase in the number of COVID cases in the community, it is especially important that students continue to follow our safety measures both in school and on the bus. If you could support this work by having a conversation with your children to reiterate the importance of wearing their mask while on the bus, I would greatly appreciate it.
At this point, we do not know if we will pivot to an all remote learning environment. This past Monday, the Ferson Creek staff engaged in new and deeper learning of our on-line tools and platforms. Many students have already been utilizing these tools, however we can always learn and practice more.
I encouraged our staff to practice with their classes, many of whom had already planned "remote practice days." This is not because of anything specific, except that we have the opportunity to work with our in-person students to help them understand the tools necessary in a remote environment. This practice allows teachers to troubleshoot problems with students and additional resources in front of them.
If your child comes home and shares that they were working through a remote platform while in person, please know that it was practice to help students understand how they may navigate their day, should we switch to remote.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to me with questions.
Thank you to our veterans, both past and present, for your service.
DirectorySpot is ready for use! You must update your contact info every year in order to be included in the directory. Please take a minute to complete the form to be included in the directory.
Please provide your family's permission and information here: https://tinyurl.com/FersonDirectory20-21
Questions about DirectorySpot? Email FersonCreekPTO@gmail.com .
The Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans & Random Acts Matter
Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans
- Our Student Council is coordinating the support for The Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans. This organization provides housing and supportive services to help homeless and at-risk veterans and their families reach independence.
- Click here to view their wish list of items.
- We will be collecting donations from Friday, November 13th - Friday, November 20th.
- In-person students can drop off items to the donation bins that will be in their classrooms. Remote families can drop off items to the donation bin in the Ferson vestibule.
RAM Coat Drive
- See the flyer below for details regarding the coat drive.
It is the time to be thankful!
Even in the current pandemic, there is so much to be thankful for in District 303. There are three ways that you can contribute to our #D303Thankful Campaign.
- Write a note of appreciation to a staff member. You may download and print our notecard template linked here or create a note of your own to share.
- Participate in our social media campaign by sharing a picture or thought using the hashtag #D303Thankful.
- Share a story, note of appreciation, or photo on Let’s Talk using the D303Thankful button.
Today was picture day! You can still order online at inter-state.com/FlyerEntry/50767ZF
Retakes will be held on Monday, January 11th.
MONDAY is CHIPOTLE RESTAURANT NIGHT
- End of Trimester 1: Friday, November 13th
- Thanksgiving Break: Monday, November 23rd - Friday, November 27th
- Report Cards Available on HAC: Wednesday, November 2nd
- Winter Break : Monday, December 21st - Friday, January 1st
- Teacher Work Day - No Students: Monday, January 4th
- School Resumes: Tuesday, January 5th
Interested in finding out details from the school board meeting? View the Across the Board newsletter!