Stay Home Guidelines
Cold and Flu season is on its way! Remember the most effective way of preventing the spread of illness is by frequent hand washing and covering your cough. As a reminder, Pella Community School District Illness Policy says:
Your child may not attend if they:
- Have a fever of 100.0 degrees or higher within the last 24 hours (They must be fever free without the use of fever reducing medication such as Tylenol or Ibuprofen)
- Have thrown up or had diarrhea within the last 24 hours
- Have a rash that has not been diagnosed or if the rash is part of a contagious illness
- Have questionable or untreated pink eye or until a physician permits attendance
- Have untreated illness such as strep throat, head lice, etc.
*Note: if your child has a communicable illness such as strep throat, pink eye, influenza, mono, pneumonia, Fifth’s disease or others we ask that you please report this to the school office.
If symptoms continue, please check with your physician prior to returning to school
Pick Up Lane - We continue to work on our pick up lane procedures at the end of the day. Remember it is always safest to have your students enter the car from the curb side. When your student is loaded in use your left turn signal to indicate you are moving away from the curb. The pick up line works best when we can keep everyone moving along. Use the entire curb space and watch out for others.
End-of-Day Changes - As a reminder, all temporary, end-of-day changes must be made online using our online change form, which can be found at https://transportation.pellaschools.org/changes/create/, or by visiting pellaschools.org and clicking the gray button on the right-hand side. For any long-term changes or early pickups, please contact the office via phone or email.
Updating Parent Information
Parents can conveniently change their email, address, phone number, and child's emergency contact information on Campus Parent all under the MORE tab. Please see below for specific instructions:
- MORE > ADDRESS INFORMATION - Update your household's address and primary phone number.
- MORE > DEMOGRAPHICS - Update your child's emergency contacts.
- MORE > FAMILY INFORMATION - Update parent and child phone numbers, email addresses, relationships, and contact sequence.
Requests for changes in your data won't happen immediately as the request waits in a queue for approval by the Pella Schools staff.
Questions about changing your information can be directed to Allissa Grandia by email at email@example.com.
November is the month to be thankful! We will spend time this month talking with students about things for which they are thankful. Research tells us that remembering to be thankful for what we have helps us develop a better mind set as we go through life.