DO's and DONT's for the Web
Netiquette for the Modern Student
- Treat people the way you would if you were face-to-face.
- Remember that what you post online is there FOREVER.
- Protect the privacy of yourself and others.
- Be kind.
- Be honest.
- Give credit where credit is due.
- Exercise good judgment.
- Don't be cruel because you think you're anonymous.
- Don't post anything that you wouldn't want your teachers, grandma, pastor, and boss to see.
- Don't give out private information (passwords, addresses, etc.) about yourself or others.
- Don't steal ideas or media from others.
- Don't think for a second that you can't be caught if you're doing something unsavory.