LECC WEEKLY TIGER CUB TALK
August 26, 2022
I hope this email finds you well! We welcomed the incoming Preschool Tiger Cubs at our Preview Event this past Wednesday. Our PS Tiger Cubs were able to drop off their supplies, explore the classroom, and meet the team of amazing educators that support our PS Program. In addition, we completed our first safety drill here at LECC with the assistance of the Loveland Fire Department on the afternoon of August 23rd. Our Tiger Cubs received many compliments for a speedy, safe exit from the firefighters. We will complete an additional required LFD-supported fire drill in the coming weeks.
Looking into next week, we cannot wait to greet our PS Tiger Cubs for their first week of school. As a reminder, we do have a staggered start for PS, just like K-12 grades. On Monday, August 29th, PS Tiger Cubs with the last name starting with A-L will attend their AM or PM cohort session only. On Tuesday, August 30th, PS Tiger Cubs with the last name starting with M-Z will attend their AM or PM cohort session only. Then on Wednesday, August 31st, all PS Tiger Cubs will join us for their AM or PM cohort session!
Like Kindergarten students, PS students will walk from the car rider line or bus area with LECC staff helping them navigate to their classrooms. We are unable to facilitate parents/guardians in the building to walk to the classroom with their student. This established routine helps our PS Tiger Cubs with the development of navigating our building and entering their amazing classroom ready to learn and play. We are excited to have our LECC campus complete with our PS and KG Tiger Cubs starting next week!
Please check out the rest of this week's Tiger Cub Talk for helpful information from our LECC Team! Enjoy your weekend! It is a great day to be a LECC Tiger Cub! Thank you!
Sara L. Gehring
Upcoming Events at LECC
- Staggered Start Day for Preschool Students, Last Name A-L: August 29, 2022, attend during assigned cohort time (AM or PM)
- Staggered Start Day for Preschool Students, Last Name M-Z: August 30, 2022, attend during assigned cohort time (AM or PM)
- ALL Preschool Students: August 31, 2022, attend during assigned cohort time (AM or PM)
- Kindergarten Parent/Guardian Information Night: August 31, 2022, 5:00 pm-6:45 pm (please see additional information below for your child's teacher's assigned time/information)
- NO School for Students/Staff: September 5, 2022
- Preschool Parent/Guardian Information Night: September 7, 2022, 5:00 pm-6:45 pm (please see additional information below for your child's teacher's assigned time/information)
- LECC Students School Pictures: October 6 (more details to come!)
- LEPTA Dance-a-Thon Fundraiser: October 13 (formerly the annual Walk-a-thon; more details to come)
- Interims posted on Ebackpack: October 21
- LECC Book Fair: November 7-10 (more details to come!)
LECC Tiger Cub Bus Riders
LECC Tiger Cub Car Riders Reminders
- Please have your child ready to exit your car as you pull up to the designated drop-off zone in front of our building.
- Students should have his/her backpack ready in lap. This helps with a smooth transition from car to staff member greeting your child into the building.
- Adults dropping off LECC students must remain inside the vehicle at all times. For safety purposes, we will take care of getting your child out of the car.
- Cars must stay within the coned loop during the arrival process and not pull around cars in front of you.
- Display numbered vehicle tag on your mirror for our staff to radio into the building.
- If you need a vehicle tag, please contact the front office for one.
- Adults picking up an LECC student must remain inside the vehicle. For safety purposes, our staff will walk your child to the waiting vehicle and assist the child in opening the door.
- Cars must stay within the coned loop during the dismissal process and not pull around cars in front of you.
- If your child cannot buckle themselves into their car seats, please pull into a parking space and take your time fastening your child into the car correctly at the top of our parking lot.
- We are unable to process early dismissals once our dismissal procedures have started at 10:40 am (half-day) and 2:40 pm. Please join the car line for your child to be dismissed to you.
We appreciate sharing these helpful reminders with any trusted adult who is dropping off/picking up your child at LECC. Thank you for your patience.
2022-23 LECC Breakfast Bags to Go! Program
At LECC, Tiger Cubs can go home each school day with a Breakfast Bag to Go to enjoy the next morning at home before coming to school. This program will start the week of September 5, 2022, and is available to any Preschool or Kindergarten Tiger Cub once signed up by a parent/guardian.
Use this link to access more information and to sign up your Tiger Cub for the Breakfast Bag to Go Program this school year!
Meet Mrs. Heybruch!
Parent/Guardian Information Nights (PIN) for LECC!
PIN is a wonderful opportunity for your Tiger Cub's teacher and you to connect in person! We ask that only the parents/guardians of our Tiger Cubs attend due to the size of our building/rooms. Please be mindful of your Tiger Cub's Teacher's assigned time below to accommodate our half-day and full-day cohorts.
Kindergarten (August 31st):
5-5:45 pm: HDK AM (Rush, McGillis, Smith) and assigned FDK Teachers (Jones, Vismara, Marcheschi, Sasson, Knutson)
6-6:45 pm: HDK PM (Rush, McGillis, Smith) and assigned FDK Teachers (Schmidt, Martin, Mohan, Eldred, Schaefer)
Preschool (September 7th):
5-5:45 pm: Preschool AM (Oury, King, Amos, Alexander)
6-6:45 pm: Preschool PM (Oury, King, Amos, Alexander)
In the event you are not able to attend in person, our teachers will share out a virtual slide deck for parents/guardians to access at a future time via classroom correspondence.
Preschool and Kindergarten Tuition
It's tuition time! Tuition payments are due by the 15th of each month. Preschool tuition is $320.00/month and Full Day Kindergarten is $385.00/month.
Tuition can be paid 5 ways:
- Send in a check made out to Loveland City Schools with your student. Please make sure to list your student's first and last name on the memo line.
- Mail your check to: Loveland Early Childhood Center, 6740 Loveland Miamiville Road, Loveland 45140.
- Set up auto bill pay with your bank and they will send check each month.
- NEW THIS YEAR- Pay online through your tigerparent.me portal. (No cost to pay online)
- Pay over the phone with a credit card (Visa and Mastercard) call the office: 513-683-4200
Welcome Back Loveland Families!
Whether you are renewing your membership for the 2022-2023 school year, OR joining LEPTA for the very first time...we are thrilled to welcome you! We serve all students at LECC, LPS, and LES, and your membership not only helps to pay for teacher grant opportunities and supplies, but it is also used to support our teachers and staff in creating the best school experience possible.
The membership fee is $15 per family, and 75% of that goes right back into our schools! Joining the LEPTA will give you first access to all of our events and information. Stay connected, support our schools, and register/renew TODAY!!
NEXT GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING - September 15 7pm at LES with Superintendent Mike Broadwater
A "Twist" on an Old Tradition
As we prepare for our 9th annual LEPTA Fall Fundraiser, we are excited to announce a BIG change to our typical Walk-A-Thon. This year, we will "Dance the Day Away" with our very first Dance-A-Thon Fundraiser! Through our fundraising efforts, LEPTA is able to support our schools and provide educational opportunities through resources, equipment, and experiences. Join us in this school-wide event for Prek-4th grade, as we continue to promote physical fitness and Tiger PRIDE! Kick off will take place on September 16th - stay tuned for more details...
As the school year approaches, please don’t forget to use the Box Tops For Education app and scan your receipts! All money helps our schools, and receipt scanning only takes a minute of your time. Click here for instructions on how to set up the app.
Amazon Smile is a simple way for you to support LEPTA every time you shop, at no cost to you! Whether you shop on Amazon via your browser, or NOW with the Amazon App, Amazon will donate .5% of your purchase to the Loveland Elementary PTA.
Click here to learn how to set this up - it’s EASY!
Register your Kroger Plus Card to appoint the Loveland Elementary PTA (NPO #81143) as your Community Rewards Partner. A portion of every purchase you make at Kroger will be credited to the LEPTA.
Registering your card is easy on the Kroger Community Rewards page.
2022-23 District Calendar
2022-23 LECC School Hours
Full-Day Start Time: 8:00 am
Full-Day Dismissal: 2:50 pm
AM Half-Day Start Time: 8:00 am
AM Half-Day Dismissal: 10:50 am
PM Half-Day Start Time: 12:00 pm
PM Half-Day Dismissal: 2:50 pm
**Please call the attendance line by 9:00am (Full Day KG, 1/2 day AM KG and PS) and no later than 1:00 pm (1/2 day PM KG and PS) to report an absence 513-697-3060**
Stay in Touch!
Loveland Early Childhood Center Administration
Principal: Sara L. Gehring
School Counselor: Jaime Heybruch
School Psychologist: Carrie Smith
Secretaries: DeAnn Gilmore & Penny Dippold
Health Aide: Christina McCoy