News from the Nest
October 15, 2021
The Week Ahead
Monday 10/18 (Day 4)
Tuesday 10/19 (Day 1)
- Parent/Teacher Conference Forms sent home
- Spirit's Grub Club: Laura's Pizza, Harleysville
- Act 80 day for teachers - No school for students
Thursday 10/21 (Day 2)
- Parent/Teacher Conference Forms due
- Service Hawks; 8:00 - 8:30am in the 3rd Grade pod
Friday 10/22 (Day 3)
- Spirit Day - "Pink Out" for Breast Cancer Awareness - Wear as much pink as possible!
Last Chance to Receive a Vernfield Directory
Vernfield Home & School Association (HSA) publishes a PRINTED school directory for each new school year which includes class lists and student contact information. The directory will ONLY be distributed to those families who complete the form at this link Vernfield Elementary School Directory 2021-2022 . If you do not have computer access, please contact the office for a paper form.
Please complete this form by today, October 15th, 2021. Only one form per family is required. You may provide as much or as little information as you wish.
Families should please respect the privacy of those listed in the Directory; the intent is private use by families and should not be used for any business purpose. Vernfield Elementary School and the HSA are not responsible for any misuse of this directory. For those families who opt to not be listed in the directory, HSA information will still be sent home via email newsletters and teacher distribution.
Spirit’s Grub Club Events and News
Thank you all for participating in our recent events at Downtown Scoop and The Moe’s Southwest Grill Pop Up event!
Downtown Scoop donated $200
Moe’s Southwest Grill donated $655
Through your support and participation in our Spirit’s Grub Club Events, so far this school year, we have raised a total of $855!
When can we get out of cooking again?!
Our next event is:
Laura’s Pizza - Harleysville location
Tuesday, October 19th
371 Main Street
Harleysville, PA 19438
Simply place your order on Tuesday, October 19th, and mention you are there in support of “Vernfield Night”. That’s it! Laura’s will then donate a portion of that day’s sales to our school!
Trunk or Treat at Vernfield Elementary!
This event will take place on Friday, October 29th from 6:00 - 7:00pm near the Vernfield playground (blacktop behind the school.) Please click on the below registration links for more information about the event. We look forward to seeing you there!
Car Trunk Registration:
***Due to space constraints we are limiting the number of registrants to 20***
If you have any questions about the event, please reach out to Alisha Reynolds at email@example.com
Other Fall Activities Information
On Friday, October 29th, students are welcome to bring their costumes to school in a bag. Later in the day, students will dress in their costumes for a small parade for students and staff. The parade will not be open for public viewing. After the parade, the students will return to their classrooms for a fun fall activity with their teacher and classmates. Food and drink will not be served during that time unless it is regular classroom snack time.
In addition, families are once again invited to decorate, carve, or paint a pumpkin to display on the front property of our school. Please remember that pumpkins should be decorated appropriately for elementary school students. Undecorated or uncarved pumpkins are also welcome!
Where should pumpkins be placed?
- On the black granite sitting wall along the front of the school
- In any mulched beds
- In front of the Vernfield Elementary School sign on the front of the building
- At the foot of any trees along the driveway
- Along the curbing
- Along the bus loop
- Along the Kindergarten drop-off and pick-up line
When can pumpkins be dropped-off?
- Sunday, October 24th – 8:00am to 6:00pm
- Monday, October 25th – any time between 9:00 to 11:00am and 1:00 to 3:00pm
When should pumpkins be picked up?
- Friday, October 29th – any time between 9:00 to 11:00am and 1:00 to 3:00pm
- Any pumpkins left at Vernfield after 3:00pm on Friday, October 29th will be disposed of
- Look for more information coming home soon with students regarding the Yearbook cover contest. Students will have the opportunity to submit a drawing to potentially be included as the Yearbook cover. Encourage your child(ren) to showcase their drawing skills!
- We need your help with photos! Please keep sending candid photos of VF students on Spirit days to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: Spirit Days
Thank you for your support!
Food Service is Hiring Managers, Cooks and Food Service Staff!
- $250 signing bonus
- No nights or weekends
- Full and part-time available
- Paid sick-time and holidays
- 401K and discount programs
Or scan the QR code. A Chartwells flyer can be downloaded below.
Easy Ways to Help Fundraise!
Please consider helping to raise funds for Home & School using the following:
- Amazon Smile: earn money for VF while shopping on Amazon! Go to smile.amazon.com/about for instructions.
- Box Tops Bonus App: Download the Box Tops Bonus App for your phone or tablet! Find offers, buy products, scan your receipt and earn even MORE box tops for Vernfield!
- ShopRite for My School: earn Box Tops for VF while shopping at ShopRite! Register your PricePlus club card at: https://www.shopriteformyschool.com/en/Register-my-Card.
- Coca Cola Give: Sign up at https://us.coca-cola.com/give/schools/ then just scan your product or enter your product code and watch the funds grow.
- Decorated Pumpkin Drop-off Outside - 9:00 - 11:00am and 1:00 - 3:00pm
- Spirit Day - Wear Black, Purple, Orange
- Decorated Pumpkin Pick up - 9:00 - 11:00am and 1:00 - 3:00pm
- AM K Costume Parade (Not open to the public) - 8:55 - 9:00am
- Fall Parade (Not open to the public) - 2:00 - 2:30pm
- Fall Classroom Activity (Not open to the public) - 2:30 - 3:00pm
- Trunk or Treat event - 6:00 - 7:00pm
HSA Executive Board Members
President: Meg Dick; email@example.com
VP Fundraising: Julie Gerhart; firstname.lastname@example.org
VP Communications: Mandy Merrill; email@example.com
Secretary: Kristin Emmons; firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Treasurer: Alisha Reynolds; email@example.com
Co-Treasurer: Wendy Clemmer; firstname.lastname@example.org