The Highcroft Herald
Week of October 17-21, 2016
Jog Jam/Mile Run
We had two amazing events over the past two weeks: Jog Jam and the Mile run. It was so fun to see the students working hard to reach their goals for running. I also loved seeing the other students cheering on each grade level.
Running, part 2
The third graders created a tunnel on their own for the first graders as they finished. (I'm sorry I didn't get a photo of that) Thank you Sarah for sending me the photo of Mrs. Mayer helping the students stretch. Continue sending me photos for the Herald. You can text or email them to me.
Welcome Jason, Jr.
Congratulations to Andrea and her family. Jason Jr was born on Monday October 10, 2016.
We would also like to welcome Vera Karsch as Andrea's sub. Thanks for joining our Highcroft family. We are happy to have you!
Jog Jam/Mile Run
Running, part 2
1. Trunk or Treat is right around the corner: Friday October 28th from 6-8 pm. You are welcome to bring your families and it is still not too late to sign up to host a trunk.
2. Aaron sent out the information on Veteran's Day to families and staff. It would be great to have our staff members contribute to our "Wall of Honor". You can add multiple veterans to our Wall of Honor as well.
October 17: National Pasta Day
October 18: National Chocolate Cupcake Day
October 19: National Seafood Bisque Day
October 20: National Brandied Fruit Day
October 21: National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day
Do you see a theme? Feel free to celebrate and share some with others.
These were only confirmed by one source: http://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/october/
Monday October 17
- Vision Screening, all day, Conference Room A
- 8:00 Magnificent Mile
- 9:20 Team Meeting, (L.H.) 5th grade, Conference Room B
- 10:00 Fire Truck Visit, KDG
- 1:00 First Grade Focus Student meeting
Ellen out, (Kristi Garcia)
Tiffany, (Marcia Kampelman)
Tuesday October 18
- 7:45 am Climate Committee Meeting, Conference Room A
- 10:20 4th Grade Math Data meeting
- 11:20 3rd Grade Math Data meeting
- 1:00 1st Grade ELA data meeting
- 3:15 Recycling: Remember to put out your bin!
- 4:30 Yoga Tuesdays with Quinn: Join us!
- PSO Meeting 7:00 pm, Upper Library
Math Collaborative Subs today, Susan Cabral (full day), Sally Bauer (full day), Allison Baughman (am)
Wednesday October 19
- 8:00 am Intervention Team Meeting (H.D), 2nd grade)
- 9:00-3:00 MOSAICS 5th Grade fieldtrip to Metro Theater
- 9:20 5th Grade Math Data Meeting
- 7:00 pm Board of Education meeting, Central Middle
Aaron at Principal's meeting all day
Sub for Adams/Sluik (C. Thomas Pickering)
Thursday October 20
- CLT meetings all day
- 2:00 pm Earthquake and Fire Drill
- 2:00 2nd Grade Math Focus Student
Friday October 21
- 2nd Grade Field Trip to Rockwood Reservations
Aaron at Principal's meeting from 7:00am -8:00 am
Ellen out, (Cassandra Winscher)
Stephanie out, (Jessica Precise)
Stacy Wright out pm, (Amy Brady)
Upcoming Events in October
- 25 PLC Meeting 7:45 am in Coaches' room
- 26 Pumpkin Run
- 28 Give Kids a Smile Field trip 9:15-3 pm
- 28 Halloween Parade, 2:10 pm
- 28 Halloween Party 2:45 pm
- 28 Trunk or Treat 6:00-8:00 pm
Upcoming Events in November
- 2 Late Start, Family Groups
- 7 No School
- 8 No School