Don Tyson School of Innovation - September 21, 2020
Cruising into Week 5
I am providing a checklist below so you don't miss anything.
- Schedule conferences, see options for your student(s) below.
- Complete the free and reduced lunch form for you student so they can continue receiving free or reduced meals throughout the 2020-2021 school year if applicable (if you are a virtual student please complete the form as well).
- Seniors come for pictures this week, there will not be makeup dates. See dates and times below.
- Sophomores (10th graders) and select 9th and 11th graders save the date for the PSAT - October 7th @ 8:30 a.m.! All 10th grade students (including virtual) will report to campus to take this test.
Thank you for choosing the Don Tyson School of Innovation for your student's education. We are happy that you are here!
I will be featuring a staff spotlight in each newsletter. I am pleased to introduce you to one of our assistant principals, Mr. Aurelian Sennett. Mr. Sennett is the assistant principal assigned to 6th and 8th grades. View the video below to meet Mr. Sennett.
VIA: K-5 Drive Through Conferences
2nd Grade and 3rd Grade - Wednesday, September 23rd
4th Grade and 5th Grade - Thursday, September 24th
Check your email for time selection!
VIA: 6-12 Conferences
Each teacher will host three group sessions on Tuesday, September 22nd and Thursday, September 24th from
You must email each teacher who you want to conference with and specify time and day. Teachers will send a secure Zoom link with a password.
Conferences for our Blended and Face to Face Students
With the expansion of our school and the requirements of social distancing, we ask for your cooperation in order to have an effective and timely process for checking out your student during the day.
- Option 1: Send your student to school with a note stating the time you will be arriving for check-out. The office staff will give the student a pass to leave class at that time.
- Option 2: Call or email at least an hour ahead of the time you are looking to check out your student. This will allow us the time to get a pass out and have your child ready.
In either scenario, you will still need to come into the entryway to show your ID when picking up your student, but this will allow us to have your child out of class and in the office when you arrive.
Parents/Guardians who arrive on campus without giving us prior notice may experience a wait time as we locate your student, deliver a pass, and wait for your student to prepare to leave class and walk to the office. Advance notice will benefit everyone!
Our check-out/in process and ID verification is now contactless! Look for signage at the door to either office and have your ID handy.
Please, do not plan on checking out a student later than 3:20PM.
Grades 6-8 Phoenix West Office (facing Hylton Rd.)
Grades 9-12 Phoenix East Office
Don Tyson School of Innovation has a Graphic Design Pathway. We currently offer Fundamentals of Graphic Design, Intermediate Graphic Design, and Advanced Graphic Design. Currently, our students are partnering with Startup Junkie. We are connecting students with local businesses to gain experience in graphic design and advertising.
We hope to add graphic design to our list of associate degrees DTSOI students can complete during their high school experience through Northwest Arkansas Community College.
Contact Maddy Schuckman at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about our graphic design program.
Kelly Boortz, Principal
- Tom Doppe - Grades 7, 9, & 11
- Amy Harrison - Grades 10 & 12
- Shay Hopper - Virtual Innovation Academy Students
- Aurelian Sennett - Grades 6 & 8