Jr. Scout's Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Katie's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Le Andra's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Kelsey's Email: Kelsey@ilovethetotspot.com
Teacher's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
Goodbye: This is not goodbye, we are just going to transition on days we can split.
November 29th- Brady
November 14th Picture Day
PJ Day - November 25th - 26th
November 27th- 29th- Closed for Thanksgiving
Ornaments with Grandparents - December 6th
PJ Day - December 23rd and 27th
CLOSED - December 24-26th
CLOSED - December 31 & January 1st
PTO and Vacations
Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Please email Mr. Mike at email@example.com
Ornaments with grandparents.. what is it??
In the Classroom!
We're reached capacity so we're splitting our classroom again. If you're an older kiddo you will recall this from when your little one was just entering the one's room. As of now the classroom will be splitting after breakfast typically on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
Fav books for the month: We have been enjoying reading "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" by Eric Carle
Table Time: We will be working on math, counting 1-10 (English/Spanish) and classifying.
Sensory, Art, Science:
We will be exploring the sensory bin over the different weeks to come. Allowing it to match our Zoophonic friend of the week. For Art we will create art with different types of textures with paint, markers, and crayons. Finally, for science I would like to add more experiences with cause and effect.
Did you know we have snack math every day? We spend this time working on counting, color recognition, shapes, and vocab. We also have math when we are singing our songs like "5 Little Monkeys, Ducks, or Zoophonics Animal" of the week.
We have been busy cooking up a storm in our kitchen! This month we are trying to "pretend" eating and working together in the kitchen just a little bit more. While also trying on trying on our dramatic play outfits.
We're continuing to practice and learn how to use our manners, say please, thank you, and sorry. We are also working on using words to express to our feelings. We are also working on self-help skills like washing our hands, tidying up, and putting on our clothes by our self.
Gross Motor/Music & Movement: We're going to spend the month outside! We are going to be balancing on one foot and jumping up and down with both feet of the ground, and kicking balls. For music and movement we are going to be having dance parties along with expressive dance.
Operation Tot Spot gives back!!
We are teaming up with Scholastic and participating in a pajama drive. We are collecting until December 5th.
The boxes will be in all the classrooms for the pj's to go in. The class with the most pajamas donated per child will win a cool prize for their class! Adult sizes will be worth 2 points!
Who are the pajamas and books helping?
The pajamas and books are helping at-risk children (ages 0–18) throughout the country. Often homeless, in foster care, or in poverty, their unstable, uncertain lives make them uniquely vulnerable as bedtime approaches. Each night, millions of children in this country have no bed to call their own—let alone pajamas to change into or books to escape into—and so they have no concept of a loving bedtime. The treasured ritual of changing into clean pajamas and tucking in with an enchanting bedtime story are unknown; some of these children, in fact, have never heard of pajamas
What pajama sizes are needed the most?
Although Pajama Program accepts new pajamas in all sizes, the most overlooked ones are generally children’s sizes 8 to adult 3XL. It is often the bigger, older children who are left out.
What kinds of pajamas should I collect?
New pajamas only.
Pajamas should be a complete set—a top and bottom, or an appropriate nightgown.
Pajamas for all seasons, but especially warm, cozy ones to help the children on our list during the long, cold months at this time of year.
Needing some new Halloween books? Scholastic is the place for you!! Thank you, to all that have been participating! <3 Our code is HQ686. Scholastic will be sent out October 8th and due back October 17th.
The Book Nook
The Parent's Spotlight
- Thank you for making our Halloween party possible! Everything we asked for, you guys were there to donate! You guys are AWESOME!!
Thank you for turning in your physicals on time. It's very much appreciated!
Remember there is a suggestion box in the lobby, and we love to hear about ideas to enhance the learning environment for your children.
Bringing in donations of items anytime we ask...you guys rock!!
Thank you, to the parents who brought in plastic bags! You ROCK!
Thank you for your patience with our room/kiddo/teacher changes that came with the new school year. It's going to be an awesome year!
Would you like to donate?
We could use:
- Shoes and socks (all sizes) for back ups for when kiddos have accidents
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
The Teacher's Spotlight
If you could do one day over again, what day would it be?
- Ms. Alex: Each Disney movie has thier own hero's and I love just about all the Disney movies.
- Ms. Helen: I don't think I have a favorite Disney hero. When I was little, I never got the chance to watch Disney movies, and now im too old or too realistic to adore a character. But I like the movie Aladdin!
- Ms. Lindsey: I've always loved the Little Mermaid growing up because she had red heir like me! I would love to trade places for the day and live under the sea.
- Ms. Kit: W'Kabi from Black Panther and Carol Danvers from Captain Marvel but I wouldn't trade places with either of them.
- Ms. Katie: Tinkerbell! I wouldn't trade places but I'd keep the wings
- Ms. Kasche: Miguel from Coco and yes!
- Ms. Kelsey: Bell! But I'd keep my own prince charming!
- Ms. Le Andra: Ariel and I would LOVE to trade places with her!!!
- Ms. Alisha: I dont really like Disney :( I don't count Star Wars and such. If I had to pick.. I would say Belle because she likes to read!
- Mr. Mike: The Hulk! and Yes