~ Hawley School Newsletter: December 21, 2020 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti.....
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians, Teachers, and Staff,
As we round out the (calendar) year, I again, want to congratulate and thank everyone. Through all the stress and changes, we have emerged Stronger than ever. The work we have done is inspiring. I remain grateful for and to the Hawley School Community.
Buckle up, keep your hands and feet in the car, and stay seated at all times, as you read on to find out What's Happening at Hawley .......
Holiday Gatherings, Travel & Quarantine, Oh My!
Although we are returning All In on January 4 (full in-person learning), the Instructional Model the District operates under still connects to the current confirmed number of cases in town. With the Holiday Season upon us, we know there will be an increase of gatherings and travel. We ask you to be as safe as you can, following Best Practices: limited numbers in a gathering, masks, hand washing, and quarantining for 10 days after traveling out of the State/Country.
For travel quarantining information, click here for the State Website.
Please let your child's teacher know if you decide that out of caution, your child is going to stay in Remote after the break for a brief time (with possible return date).
Also, it is still your responsibility to inform the school nurse if a member of your household has been confirmed to be sick or is quarantining due to an confirmed exposure. See Nurse's Message below.
For school to remain open and All In, we must all do our part to keep it so.
Message from the Nurse: Hi, it’s Nurse Julie! I hope everyone is doing well in this challenging time in our lives. I wanted to reach out to make sure that you have my email address, email@example.com, just in case you have COVID questions, need resources, testing info, contact tracing or any other questions or concerns that you may have. You also need to inform me/the school if a member of the household tests positive or has been exposed to a confirmed case. I am wishing you the very best this holiday season and I cannot wait to be back in my office caring for our sweet Hawley students in the New Year!
There are many devices in your home that draw on WIFI, whether they are being used at the moment or not: TVs, Gaming Systems, Alexa, Wireless Printers, Desktop Computers, Phones, ipads, etc. Many have found it helpful to turn off devices that are not being used to increase WIFI strength/speed.
~ Counselor's Resources ~
Lexia Reading Program
Every student has an account that has been shared by teachers. If you are unable to find it, please reach out to your child's teacher. Our Language Arts Consultant, Mrs. Vitarelli, has created a Parent Video that goes over how children can log in to Core5 and what the student interface looks like. Ignore the pre-test information as students have already taken it. Click HERE for the video.
This is something that students should be able to do independently. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Important Reminders / General Info
- Progress Reports became available through the ParentPortal last Thursday. Please review it to celebrate and assist.
- Until further notice, All Wednesdays are 3-Hr Early Release Days regardless of the Instructional Model that we are in. We will dismiss at 12:37 pm, please plan accordingly.
- If you received a school Chromebook in a Bubble Envelope, please SAVE IT. It may come in handy when devices are returned.
- Please continue to notify the nurse if someone in your home becomes a confirmed case or is exposed to a confirmed case and you are quarantining
- Remember to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any Tech Issues that you are experiencing. This helps us prioritize and monitor all requests.
- Thank you for your continued support and for all the kind words and messages.
Dates to Remember
- Mon, 1/4: Return to School- All In (full in-person learning)
- Wed, 1/6: 3-Hr Early Dismissal- Professional Development
- Wed, 1/13: 3-Hr Early Dismissal- Professional Development
- Fri, 1/15: 3-Hr Early Dismissal- Professional Development
- Mon, 1/18: NO SCHOOL- Martin Luther King Day
- Wed, 1/20: 3-Hr Early Dismissal- Professional Development
- Wed, 1/27: 3-Hr Early Dismissal- Professional Development