Matthew Hinsberger Block 4.
- Physical Properties
- Helium is a colorless gas.
- Has lowest melting point of any element.
- Has no taste, or odor.
- Does not form compounds, or react with any element.
- Chemical Properties
- chemical formula is He
- less soluble in water than any other gas.
- It is a non toxic element.
- This is also non flammable.
- The most common use of helium is in balloons. Unlike oxygen helium floats and makes the
balloon rise instead of fall down.
- Another popular use is in Blimps, because this allows them to float, and not be
- Helium is found in natural gas deposits.