The parts of the form:
- Require users to be part of your organization. (Uncheck to make anonymous)
- Capture users email address (VERY USEFUL with other tools)
- Show progress (not used often)
- Limit responses (must use username/email option)
- Randomize the order of questions (useful teachers creating quizzes)
HINT: Collecting a respondents email can be very useful with other spreadsheet add-ons. If you are using the form outside your organization, consider using a text question (see below) and requiring it to be a valid email address in "advanced settings."
Google Form Title and Form Settings
**Question Title text will become the column head in the automatically created spreadsheet.
**Help Text will not be included in the spreadsheet.
- Text — respondents provide short answers
- Paragraph text — respondents provide longer answers
- Multiple choice — respondents select one option from among several
- Checkboxes — respondents select as many options as they’d like
- Choose from a list — respondents select one option from a dropdown menu
- Scale — respondents rank something along a scale of numbers (e.g., from 1 to 5)
- Grid — respondents select a point from a two-dimensional grid
- Date — respondents use a calendar picker to enter a date
- Time — respondents select a time (either a time of day or a duration of time)
- Advanced features allow you require users to format answers in a determined way. (ex: email address, number format, require a min/max selections)
Google Form Question Types
Confirmation Page and Sharing
The confirmation page is what a respondent will see once they submit the form.
The text box allows you to create a custom response.
The checkboxes allow respondents to:
- Immediately submit another response. (helpful with repeated form submissions)
- See all responses. It will direct them to the Google Sheet. (USE WITH CAUTION)
- Allow users to edit the response they just submitted. (recommended)
HINT: Use the response text box to give respondents a link or email address that is hyperlinked. You just type in the address, and it will hyperlink in the confirmation page.
Google Forms: Confirmation Settings and Sharing