Developing Minds Nurturing Hearts- August 17, 2020
A Note From Dr. Wendland
Each year, I spend the first few weeks of school visiting each class to read a story and talk with the students. We have had great fun spending time together and reconnecting! This week our team will be disbursing science materials. It is very important that you make time to come to campus Monday-Wednesday to pick up learning materials for your child from 1:30-3:30 p.m. Please review the details below. We appreciate the partnership between home and school as we work together to help our students stay engaged during learning. Please be sure to review the information below and contact our office with any questions at email@example.com
Be safe and Be well,
Mark Your Calendar
Pick Up Learning Materials
Distribution of Science Textbooks and Spring Pictures
We will be disbursing student science materials and spring pictures from last year on August 24th, 25th, and 26th from 1:30-3:30 p.m. It is important that you find a day and time within this window to pick-up your childś learning materials. As the year progresses, we will have distribution days to ensure your children have what they need to fully access their learning. Thank you for helping us with this process.
Before you Enter the Lot:
1. The driver and passenger MUST have a mask on
2. On a piece of notebook paper, write your child's first and last name in large print. Underneath your child's name, write the name of your child's teacher. Post this in your windshield.
During Pick Up:
1. STAY IN YOUR CAR AT ALL TIMES
2. Pull forward as directed
3. A staff member will verify your child's class
4. Open your trunk from inside your car
5. A staff member will place student materials in your trunk
6. If you still have school library books, you may put them in your trunk and we will collect them
7. Pull forward to exit the lot
After Pick Up:
Please keep student materials so that your child can easily access them during instruction
Friday Flag Salute
Friday Flag Salute With Friends
1. Record your child while holding your phone horizontally <----- --------->
Good morning, my name is ( first name, last name) I am in _____ Grade with (teacher's name)
Please stand for the flag salute (wait 5 seconds)
Put your right hand over your heart (wait 5 seconds)
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America
And to the Republic for which it stands
One nation, under God indivisible, with liberty and justice for all
Peace on earth
**It has been Collegewood tradition for many decades to say "Peace on earth" at the end of our salute**
2. Download the video as an mp4
3. Email me the video at firstname.lastname@example.org
I will be adding videos on Fridays throughout the school year.
Community Club Corner
Community Club News
We are also kicking off our Annual Booster this Monday, Aug 24th, we will continue to fundraise to help our students when they return to school. Please check out our flyer for details and information on what your donations support. Thank you in advance to all our Collegewood Families… Let’s make it a great year!
CLICK HERE for information on the Cougar Booster Drive! You can also donate by clicking on the link.
News From the District Office
Distance Learning Behavior Expectations
Also, please remind your children, just like in the classroom, they should not be playing with toys or other items. We are together learning for a much shorter school day and every minute counts. Please talk with your children about the importance of participating fully in class. Also, cameras must be turned on so that teachers can see all of the students. You may review the district guidelines in their entirety by clicking HERE
Getting A School Lunch?
1. Enter the parking lot with a mask on.
2. Place a piece of paper with your child's first name, last name and student ID number on it
3. Follow the traffic directions
4. Roll the window down and lunch will be provided to you
5. Meals will be charged according to eligibility status: Free, Reduced, or Paid.
o A Free/Reduced-Price meal application is available online at www.lunchapplication.com
*It is important that you remain in your vehicle at all times*
How To Translate Newsletters
Translate All Newsletters
All newsletters are able to be translated in multiple languages
Translation on PC or Laptop
Click on the upper right-hand corner and choose the preferred language
Translation on Mobile Device
Click at the top of the page and choose the preferred language