Gawad Kalinga - MADEiN 2017
Social Impact & Leadership Programme
Welcome to the MADEiN-GK Team 2017
We look forward to co-creating and collaborating on your mission, and to getting you and your team ready for our social impact journey together!
Important next steps:
1. Please complete the Student Details Form
3. Familiarise yourself with Gawad Kalinga: See below videos and the GK website.
4. For immediate questions, please visit the GK France website
5. Workshop date: Friday, 13th January 2017
6. Travel and workshop preparations will follow shortly
Get to know Gawad Kalinga (GK)
The Gawad Kalinga Vision and Social Enterprise Incubator
Your Social Impact Mission
MADEiN students will gain first hand insights into the dynamic and booming progress of the South-east Asian region, and Gawad Kalinga’s (GK) award winning inclusive development model. The GK model integrates philanthropy and social entrepreneurship on a large scale. Its bottom-up development approach focuses on directly engaging with the poor as partners. In their teams students partner with SEED students and will participate in intellectual and practical work. Students will engage in creating social impact, reframing challenges into opportunities and driving innovative change in the Philippines by partnering with GK social enterprises (SE).
With over 2,300 communities built, the GK Incubator for social enterprises is dedicated to providing inclusive job opportunities for the GK families and empower the residents to be part of raising the awareness and progress of GK in inclusive growth and development, on an international scale.
The aim of your project
The MADEiN-Gawad Kalinga Social Impact Programme, is an intensive experiential learning and leadership programme that is implemented in collaboration with the GK School for Experiential and Entrepreneurial Development (SEED), based at the Enchanted Farm. SEED aims to produce graduates who will tackle poverty through agriculture and innovation. SEED students are from underprivileged backgrounds, bright and committed to helping themselves and their families out of poverty, as competitive social entrepreneurs with love of country and fellow Filipino poor.
The country is fast establishing itself as the hub for social entrepreneurship in the region and in the global entrepreneurship landscape. The Philippines is one of the economically fastest emerging nations, where students will have the opportunity to engage directly with local communities and work together as partners, in a safe environment.
How do we ensure your social impact?
- All GK student projects are needs based, meaning that we scope challenges of our communities beforehand and directly speak to the local families and teams for potential solutions
- Your mission is part of GK's holistic approach to inclusive development that has been internationally recognised for its proof of concept and evidence of progress
- We collaborate with leading national and international academic institutions for social impact assessments
- Over 500 students from the European region have been on our missions before. This number is rising fast.
- With over 2,000 GK communities, there are many challenges and thus opportunities to join our movement for inclusive growth
What have previous students said about their missions?
- "GK provides a safe environment to explore Asia and gain a cross-cultural understanding"
- "I got real field exposure through a local, home grown organisation"
- "My horizon was broadened to look for new career paths and job opportunities"
- "Learnt from the multi-sectorial partnership approach of GK that is essential in today's business world"
- "It was both a personal and career development journey"
- "I want to come back and continue to be part of sustainable social impact projects"
- "I got to understand how the poorest in society live"
Connect with us!
For all communications please write MADEiN 2017 in the 'subject field'.
See you at the first workshop and we look forward to welcoming you to the Philippines!
Your GK Europe Team