Developing Lifelong Learners Who Grow, Lead and Inspire
Week of April 11, 2016
Combined with the "human story" is the "learning story" that is also gleaned through observing, asking and listening. Gathering information about how a student learns is the key to personalized learning and can be the avenue by which we add to the student's human story and their opportunity for an equitable education.
- How does the student approach tasks?
- What are the student's strengths?
- What are the struggles the student encounters and how are struggles addressed?
Standardized assessments will not provide quality data on these questions. And, it is the answers to these questions that will guide our responsive next steps in approaching individual student learning. So grab a clipboard and start (or continue) "lean in assessment" to increase your effectiveness as you learn more about your students' individual "learning stories" and your massive impact on continuing to write that learning story with each student.
Jungle Book Jr. Performance
Bus Evacuation Drills Wednesday
From Krista Mornar
Rear Door Bus Evacuation – Wednesday – Certified teachers, please check this schedule for assignments to support this important safety drill:
K-PREP Admin Code and Inclusion Training
from Santina Plottner
SAVE THE DATE!
You should have received a calendar invite for The Administration Code and Inclusions of Special Populations training. If you did not, please email Mrs. Plottner to let her know which you will be attending.
April 20 – All home room teachers and related arts teachers (some ECE teachers) on planning. Please come to the conference room at the beginning of planning so that we can start on time.
April 22 – 7:45am – 8:30am (during morning meeting – room 209). This is for all classified staff and any certified who was unable to come on April 20.
Cooper and EBD/PASS – Mrs. Plottner will arrange a time/day to come to you all.
A Great Read
Helping students who have experienced trauma to succeed in school and life. A great read!
4th grade students create a visual depiction of their math post assessment by standard.
Ready, Set, Go....
Teachers showcase their fitness through a PACER test demonstration last Friday! Pacer for students this week!
A Great Read
Jumprope for Heart Total
This Week at Southside
Monday, April 11
- Fire Drill 10:00
- Spring MAP Window Opens
- Southside KUNA Planning Meeting 2:30 (Conference Room)
- Behavior RTI 2:45 (Dykes, Fitzpatrick, Hunter, Watson, Peake, Sweets)
- EL Homework Help w/ Paula and Marta (2:45-4:00)
Tuesday, April 12
Krista Mornar @ Central Office 8:00-10:15 Jump Start & AP meeting
- Dr. Neihof and Lisa Smith visit Southside (9:45)
- i Team during planning for K and 1st
- Bindu Sunil at Southside for Math Coaching/CoTeaching
- Tuesday Folders go home
- Staff Meeting
- Micro Clinic 4:00-5:00 - (Library)
Wednesday, April 13
- i Team during planning for 4th grade
- Rear Door Bus Evacuation – Dismissal at 2:15 Check support assignment in link above
- EL Design Thinking /Planning Session 3-5:00 (CO)
- ABRI Committee Meeting 3:00
Thursday, April 14
- Data Teams during regular planning period
- Louisville Ballet Performances @ SSE (12:00: K-2 / 1:20: grades 3-5---GYM)
- Tiger Trails and Boot Camp Begin 2:30-4:00 (3 weeks)
- Team Lead Meeting 3:00 (Conference Room)
- SBDM Meeting 4:00
- SSE Kindergarten Registration 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Friday, April 15
Santina OUT 9-11am for ARC chair meeting
- School wide Morning Meeting (Gym)
- 5th Grade Dance Fundraiser 5:30 (Gym)
April 18 Southside Kickball Event 6-7:00
April 23 Google Apps for Education Level 2 Training (Blair Center)
April 26 Southside Family Fitness Night 6:00
April 27 Secretary's' Day!
Wellness Committee Meeting 2:45-3:45 (Conference Room)
April 28 New Teacher Session 2:45 (T. Hill's Classroom)
May 6 KPREP Pep Rally 1:00 (Gym)
May 7 Derby Day
May 10-16 KPREP Testing in Grades 3, 4, and 5--Please put into newsletters!
May 12 Team Lead Meeting 3:00 (Conference Room)
SBDM 4:00 (Conference Room)
May 17 Election Day NO SCHOOL
May 19 New Teacher Session 2:45
May 20 LAST DAY for field trips using district buses
May 24 Southside Field Day
May 25 Southside Field Day Rain Date
Perfect Attendance Lunch 10:30-12:30
May 26 5th Grade Graduation 12:00 @ The Blair Center
May 27 Last Day of School
K-4 Awards Ceremony 8:00 (Gym)
May 30 Memorial Day
May 31 Closing Day for Teachers