POPE'S PRAYER INTENTIONS - SEPTEMBER 2019
VEYM/TNTT TRAINING CAMPS - FRANCE
VEYM-USA'S GIFT TO VEYM/TNTT TO FRANCE
VEYM/TNTT US & FRANCE REMEMBER LH VINCENTE NGUYEN DUC MAU & LH GIUSE DO NGOC HUONG
In union with VEYM/TNTT in the US and France, a special mass intention was offered to pray for linh hồn Vincente Nguyễn Đức Mậu (from US) and Giuse Đỗ Ngọc Hương (from France), marking exactly 22 years since their passing following an automobile accident after a training camp in France. May God have mercy on their souls and may HE keep everyone safe as they en route to home destination. God bless!!!
CALL TO RELIGIOUS LIFE
Congratulations to the following Liên Đoàn on their successful training camps! Thank you everyone for all your hard work and for continuing to provide opportunities for our leaders to grow in knowledge and in faith!
1) Lửa Hồng 25 & Samaritano 71, Auburn, WA, Liên Đoàn Inhaxio
2) Vươn Lên 36, Keren, TX, Liên Đoàn Biển Đức.
Vươn Lên 36, Keren, TX, Liên Đoàn Biển Đức
Lửa Hồng 25 & Samaritano 71, Auburn, WA, Liên Đoàn Inhaxio
BCHTU xin tạ ơn Chúa và welcome Sơ Catherine Teresa Bùi Duyên Anh as our newest Trợ Uý, thuộc Dòng Đaminh Nữ tại Houston, Texas. Chúc mừng Liên Đoàn Biển Đức có thêm Trợ Uý duyên dáng, đầy sức sống và rất ư là dễ thương. Sơ Duyên Anh attended Cấp 1 in LĐ JoA and Cấp 2 this past weekend in LĐ Biển Đức. Thank you Sơ for your love and support!
Lucia Phan Như Quỳnh
Phêrô Nguyễn Hoàng Bá Thông
HLVSCPlease join us in praying for our brother Peter Hoàng Vũ from TNTT Canada on receiving his Youth Leader Trainer I (HLVSC) scarf. May the Holy Spirit work in him as he live and preach the Good News to all. Congrats and God bless!!!
BCHTU xin chúc mừng đến Tr. Kailey Levy Tran,
LĐPQT Liên Đoàn Nguồn Sống, đã sánh duyên cùng anh Eric Khai. Nguyện xin Thiên Chúa chúc phúc cho tình yêu của hai bạn hôm nay và mãi mãi.
BCHTU xin chúc mừng đến Tr. Theresa Tram Anh & Tr. Cao Hồng Phúc, Liên Đoàn Đaminh Saviô đã kết duyên vợ chồng.
Nguyện xin Thiên Chúa chúc phúc cho tình yêu của 2 bạn hôm nay và mãi mãi.
BCHTU xin chúc mừng đến Tr. Kailey Levy Tran,
LĐPQT Liên Đoàn Nguồn Sống, đã sánh duyên cùng anh Eric Khai. Nguyện xin Thiên Chúa chúc phúc cho tình yêu của hai bạn hôm nay và mãi mãi.
COMING TO THE PROMISED LAND CONVENTION 7 - REGISTRATION INFO!!!
After meeting with representatives from our Leagues to Chapters to set the initial registration effort, Ban Chấp Hành Trung Ương is excited to announce, the Coming to the Promised Land National Convention 7 (Đại Hội Về Đất Hứa Toàn Quốc 7) registration is LIVE at vdh7.veym.net
Formal announcement and specific registration guidelines forthcoming. A special thank you to all Leagues of Chapters and our IT team in making this possible. Note, early bird rate available and TBA scholarship and fundraising opportunities. Register early and save!!! https://vdh7.veym.net/registration
NEW ITEMS IN E-STORE!!!
We are excited to announce two new services available to our members!
First, you can now purchase a dial-in phone number for your Teams or Skype for Business meetings. This is very useful for those who cannot join your meetings using those apps but still need to join audibly using a phone number to call in.
Second, while we encourage you to use the Microsoft Office cloud offerings already available on your VEYM account for applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, you can now purchase an Office 365 ProPlus subscription at a discount so you can download and install them to your computer and use them anytime.
Holy Family League of Chapters Youth Leader Convention
NHẠC HỘI TRI ÂN tại HOUSTON, TX
ENTERING PHASE III of LIVING THE EUCHARISTIC DAY CAMPAIGN
Living the Eucharistic Day national campaign is now well into Phase III from August 1st through September 30th. Please continue to remind your youth and help them understand the different components of it. Leave no youth member behind. We need your support. #sntt
Phase 3: Sign of the Cross in the morning, noon and night; Day and Night Offering Prayer; Reflection, Act of Contrition and Holy Communion or Spiritual Communion
Order your Sống Ngày Thánh Thể handbook and prayer cards here .
VEYM HEROES INITIATIVE
In conjunction with the National Living the Eucharistic Day Campaign, the VEYM Heroes Initiative is also at full speed ahead. Let's be disciples and witnesses to the Good News through our apostolic works.
Plan and execute a charity project with your chapter to service the community and you could receive 10K to sustain your effort. All projects will receive cash awards. One project will receive 10K. Winners will be announced at #VDH7. Speak to your League of Chapters (Liên Đoàn) for additional information.
Please see official announcement and video, and SERVE. Please share
SIGNING UP FOR VEYM EMAIL ACCOUNT
We're excited to announce the general availability of signing up for a VEYM account (@veym.net). Your VEYM account is your single identity moving forward. This account will be used to sign into many of VEYM's online services. Please send VEYM/TNTT related emails from your VEYM account as well for data privacy and security reasons. Treat it as any other work or school email. We know we know... another email?? Don't worry the transition is seamless and we're here :to help you be successful with your account and all the benefits that it comes with!
You will have the ability to access the VEYM inbox, Microsoft Office 365, OneDrive, Skype for Business, and many more! You can access them by going to www.office.com. Many of these applications also have a mobile version. Just search the Google Play Store or Apple App Store for them, especially for Outlook and Teams. They are convenient and powerful tools to have at your hands, especially in your service to VEYM.
You can sign up at https://signup.veym.net. Please DO NOT sign up again if you already have an account. You will receive more info after you sign up.
Additionally, our new technical support portal is available. You can visit https://support.veym.net for constantly updated "how-to" articles and solutions to common questions with your VEYM account and Office 365. You can also submit technical support tickets here and track the progress as well (as long as you're using your VEYM email).
The VEYM is grateful for the VEYM IT Team, which are many, for all the hard work that they've done over the past few months. Special acknowledgement to Tr. Vien M Hua (Ủy Viên Kỹ Thuật), Tr. Dao, Tr. Tommy, and Tr. Vinh whose hard work made all the above possible.
NATIONAL CATHOLIC YOUTH CONFERENCE 2019
The NCYC is a gathering of 25,000+ youth that is hosted by the National Federation of Catholic Youth Ministry. The conference takes place every two years, and includes workshops, prayer times, and many activities that will inspire and move youth in their faith journeys. NCYC’s goal is to help youth encounter Christ, experience church, and be empowered for discipleship.
In 2017, the Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Movement (VEYM) was asked to participate in NCYC in a very special way – leading the conference opening procession, performing a cultural dance in the opening ceremony and serving in the opening prayer session. We had over 35 VEYM members from various Chapters in Liên Đoàn John Paul 2 and Liên Đoàn Joan of Arc, formally known as Miền Trung and Miền Đông Nam respectively, there to participate. It was an amazing opportunity for our youth to share their love for Christ with the young Church of America. Videos of their participation can be found here at https://youtu.be/xpo6FvT2IS8 and https://youtu.be/qtW0ET-KLFc.
The next NCYC is from November 21-23, 2019, in Indianapolis, Indiana. The event is open to 9th-12th graders, recent high school graduates, and their chaperones. NCYC is a great opportunity for our young Vietnamese Catholics to experience the universal Church outside of our own parishes. Therefore, all Chapters are encouraged to prayerfully consider attending the 2019 NCYC. Our strong attendance at NCYC also helps to promote the diversity of the Catholic Church in America, and we would be so excited to have you represent VEYM at a national event like this!
How to Register:
NCYC accepts and processes registrations by Diocesan delegation only. Therefore, any VEYM Chapters or that would like to coordinate your group to attend, must register through your local diocese delegation. Many dioceses are beginning to promote registration within their dioceses already. Because the travel distance is different for every delegation, cost to attend varies by diocese and typically includes travel, lodging and conference fee. There are also opportunities through the National Federation of Catholic Youth Ministers for youth scholarships.
If you are interested in taking a group from your Chapter or League, please contact Tr. Chi Pham Liz Chi Pham at email@example.com for more information on scholarship and early-bird registration for NCYC is June. Tr. Chi will help get you connected to your diocesan delegation, keep you informed of scholarship opportunities, help us coordinate any specific VEYM activities while at NCYC, etc. Tr. Chi Pham will also be representing the VEYM and coordinating with all Chapters/League of Chapters in attendance.
At 1.02 seconds. VEYM/TNTT at the National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) in 2017. For more info on the next NCYC 2019, please see FB feed and speak with Tr. Liz Chi Pham. As of now, we have a delegation of 40 members representing the VEYM/TNTT.
VEYM 2018 END OF YEAR FINANCIAL SUMMARY REPORT
IMPORTANT - TRAINING CAMP SEASON 2019
Mùa huấn luyện sa mạc của chúng ta đã bắt đầu, xin thay mặt Ban Chấp Hành Trung Ương gởi đến quý Trưởng những đơn và thủ tục để hoàn tất phần phúc trình sa mạc. Thêm vào đó, để bảo vệ chúng ta và tránh những trường hợp dính liếu đến luật pháp, xin quý Trưởng lưu ý đến những điều sau:
BEFORE CAMP (Ban Tổ Chức & Sa Mạc Trưởng)
1. All camps must have liability insurance for the training camp hosted. Please contact Tr. Biên Nguyễn (VP Admin Affairs) at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance in securing liability insurance.
2. All camp participants (Tuyên Úy, Trợ Úy, HLVs, HTs, Trợ Tá, and Sa Mạc Sinh) must be an official member of the VEYM. As such, all camp participants must have a valid membership ID number and Chapter is current with annual membership dues. Please contact Tr. Viễn Hứa (Ủy Viên Kỷ Thuật, BCHTU) at email@example.com for assistance as needed.
3. All camp participants (Tuyên Úy, Trợ Úy, HLVs, HTs, Trợ Tá, Parents, Helpers, Guest Speakers, and Sa Mạc Sinh) must be 18 years or older, especially with Cấp 1, please ensure an ID verification process is in place to prevent minors from participating.
4. All camp participants (Tuyên Úy, Trợ Úy, HLVs, HTs, Trợ Tá, Parents, Helpers, Guest Speakers, and Sa Mạc Sinh) must sign the liability waiver form attached. Those needing clarification on the liability form, please provide ample time for participants to ask questions and receive adequate response.
5. All HLVs must have current HLV faculty status with HLV ID card in order to train at camp.
6. Send a copy of the camp agenda and roster of SMS to Ban Chấp Hành Trung Ương at firstname.lastname@example.org two(2) weeks before the start of the training camp.
DURING CAMP (Sa Mạc Trưởng/Ban Huấn Luyện)
Theo lời yêu cầu của Cha Tổng Tuyên Úy và Ban Chấp Hành Trung Ương, xin quý Trưởng thực tập và nhấn mạnh 2 điều sau:
1. Emphasize to all training camp participants that their training as a Youth Leader does not end after Cấp 1, but ongoing and at minimum, at the completion of Cấp 3 Lãnh Đạo, Tiberia. BCHTU will open more Tiberia as needed to accommodate the needs of Phong Trào. We have approximately 80 applicants this year, a true blessing.
2. Pray the Anima Christi after Communion during Mass to help các sa mạc sinh grow closer to Christ and be united with Him in His Passion. St. Alphonsus Liguori once wrote “there is no prayer more dear to God than that which is made after communion.” He continued that our loving thoughts and prayers after communion have greater merit then than otherwise “because they are then animated by the presence of Jesus Christ, who is united to our souls.” Please see attachment in both English and Vietnamese.
AFTER CAMP (Sa Mạc Trưởng/Ban Huấn Luyện)
1. Please complete the training camp report (to be completed by SMT) attached and send back to email@example.com within 30 days after camp.
2. Please make available asap the link for Sa Mạc Sinh (only) to evaluate the camp immediately after the training camp: https://goo.gl/forms/rehzVzly2O4srOiJ3 (all camps will use the same link).
3. Please make available asap the link for Ban Huấn Luyện (only) to evaluate the Camp Master immediately after the training camp: https://goo.gl/forms/gBdZeMwTDGXmMQxG2(all camps will use the same link).
On behalf of the National Executive Committee (Ban Chấp Hành Trung Ương), thank you for your ongoing support, service and love to Phong Trào.
In His Love,
Đaminh Hoàng Công Thái Dương
President, National Executive Committee
Facebook: Veym-Usa Tntt
DISCERNMENT RETREAT - DÒNG TRINH VƯƠNG
- The Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Movement (VEYM/TNTT) is deeply saddened at the loss of Matta Trần Thị Tý, grandmother of Tr. Phan Xuân Thịnh, Phan Như Quỳnh, Phan Xuân Diệp & Ân Như Thiên Hà (PNH Đoàn Phêrô & Phaolô - Orlando), Liên Đoàn Joan d'Arc. Please accept our condolences and may our prayers help comfort you and your family and hasten the journey of Matt’s to Heaven. May Jesus in the Eucharist, through the intercession of Mary, have mercy on Matt’s and deliver Matta to His Heavenly Kingdom. Amen!
- The Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Movement (VEYM/TNTT) is deeply saddened at the loss of Marco Ngô Quốc Tùng, father of HSTT Timmy Ngô and HS Ann Ngô, Đoàn Kitô Vua Denver, LĐ JP2. Please accept our condolences and may our prayers help comfort you and your family and hasten the journey of Marco to Heaven. May Jesus in the Eucharist, through the intercession of Mary, have mercy on Marco and deliver Marco to His Heavenly Kingdom. Amen!
TRAINING CAMPS 2019
CI 0245; Phêrô 14; Mar 14-17, 2019; Kerens, TX; MN/LDDMMC; SMT Đăng Ánh Tuyết; SMP Phan Thảo Hương; POC BTC Tr. Nhật Trần, firstname.lastname@example.org; TU Rev. Lê Thu
CI 0240; Về Đất Hứa 23; March 15-17, 2019; Arcadia, CA - MTN/LDRK; SMT Pham Mạnh Cương; SMP Pham Montana; TU Rev. Pham Doan; BTC POC Tr. Montana Pham, email@example.com
TT0070 | Samaritano 70 | Apr 26-28, 2019 | Lincoln, NE | MTR | SMT Đào Văn Đức | SMP Trần Lưu Thụy Mai | BTC POC Tr. Nghiệm Nguyễn, firstname.lastname@example.org | TU Rev. Trần Công Bằng, SVD
TT0067; Samaritano 67; May 31-Jun 2, 2019; Goshen, MA; MDB/LDPH; SMT Hoàng Quốc Huy; SMP Phạm Thiên Anh; POC BTC Tr. Sam Trần, email@example.com; TU Rev. Phạm Ngọc Thi, SCJ
CI 0241; Damas 22; May 30-Jun 2, 2019; Goshen, MA; MDB/LDPH; SMT Trần Ngọc Nhi Teresa; SMP Hồ Tân Uyên; POC BTC Tr. Sam Trần, firstname.lastname@example.org; TU Rev. Phạm Ngọc Thi, SCJ
2A 231; Lửa Thiêng 51; Jul 11-14, 2019; San Diego, CA; LDSD; SMT Đinh Ngọc Nga; SMP Trần Đăng Duy; POC BTC Tr. Trang Vu, email@example.com; TU Rev. Do Quang Minh
TT0069; Samaritano 69; Jul 12-14, 2019; San Diego, CA; LDSD; SMT Đào Đức Khánh; SMP Vũ Khánh Trang; POC BTC Tr. Trang Vu, firstname.lastname@example.org; TU Rev. Do Quang Minh
2N 0132; Lửa Thiêng 52; Jul 11-14, 2019; San Diego, CA; LDSD; SMT Đào Đức Khánh; SMP Vũ Khánh Trang; POC BTC Tr. Trang Vu, email@example.com; TU Rev. Do Quang Minh
- CI 0243; Xuất Hành 64; Jul 11-14, 2019; Honolulu, HI; LD Thánh Gia; SMT Đinh Kim Nguyệt; SMP Nguyễn Bạch Thanh Trang; POC BTC Tr. Đinh Kim Nguyệt, firstname.lastname@example.org; TU Rev. Truyền Đình Nguyễn
- 3LD 013; Tiberia 13; July 17-21, 2019; Washington DC; SMT Hồ Tân Uyên; SMP Hoàng Huy; TU Rev. Bình Nguyễn, SVD; POC BTC Tr. Đào Văn Đức, email@example.com
- CI 0244; Xuất Hành 65; Jul 18-21, 2019; Sacramento, CA; LD Thánh Gia; SMT Đinh Kim Nguyệt; SMP Vũ Hiến Hoan; POC BTC Tr. Đinh Kim Nguyệt, firstname.lastname@example.org; TU Rev. Truyền Đình Nguyễn
- 2H 018; Xuất Hành 66; Jul 18-21, 2019; Sacramento, CA; LD Thánh Gia; SMT Đinh Kim Nguyệt; SMP Nguyễn Bạch Thanh Trang; POC BTC Tr. Đinh Kim Nguyệt, email@example.com; TU Rev. Truyền Đình Nguyễn
- TT 0068; Samaritano 68; Jul 20-21, 2019; Sacramento, CA; LD Thánh Gia; SMT Nguyễn Đình Mạnh Trường; SMP Tô Kim Nguyệt; POC BTC Tr. Đinh Kim Nguyệt, firstname.lastname@example.org; TU Rev. Truyền Đình Nguyễn
- CI 0242; Xuất Hành 30; Aug 1-4, 2019; OC, CA; LDNS; SMT Nguyễn James; SMP Phạm Cương / Teresa Tran; POC BTC Tr. Jimmy Lam-My, email@example.com; TU Rev. Giuse Trần Cao Thượng
CI 0247 | Ánh Lửa 28 | Aug 8-11, 2019 | Sabillasville, MD | MTD | SMT Ngô Ngọc Hiếu | SMP Đào Văn Đức | BTC POC Tr. Nhung Nguyễn, firstname.lastname@example.org | TU Rev. Hoàng Sơn, OP
2T0032 | Ánh Lửa 29 | Aug 9-11, 2019 | Sabillasville, MD | LDDS | SMT Hồ Tân Uyên Trần | SMP Trần Lưu Thụy Mai | BTC POC Tr. Nhung Nguyễn email@example.com | TU Rev. Hoàng Sơn, OP
CI 0249 | Rạng Đông 42 | Aug 8-11, 2019 | Atlanta, GA | LDJoA | SMT Đinh Ngọc Nga | SMP Trần Đặng Duy | BTC POC Tr. Quân Trần, firstname.lastname@example.org | TU Rev. Nguyễn Trí
2A 233 | Đuốc Hồng 12 | Aug 8-11, 2019 | Atlanta, GA | LDJoA | SMT Phạm Đình Minh Trung | SMP Vũ Khoa | BTC POC | Tr. Quân Trần, email@example.com | TU Rev. Nguyễn Trí
CI 0248 | Dấn Thân 20 | Aug 8-11, 2019 | St. Louis, MO | MTR | SMT Trần Ngọc Nhi Teresa | SMP Nguyễn James | BTC POC Tr. Nghiệm Nguyễn, firstname.lastname@example.org | TU Rev. Trần Công Bằng, SVD'
2A 232 | Tin Yêu 17 | Aug 8-11, 2019 | St. Louis, MO | MTR | SMT Hoàng Công Quốc Huy | SMP Nguyễn Nghiệm | BTC POC Tr. Nghiệm Nguyễn, email@example.com | TU Rev. Trần Công Bằng, SVD
- Sinai 25 - SMHL HLVTC; August 13-18, 2019; Rosemead, CA; BCHTU; SMT Hoàng Công Thái Dương; SMP Đào Văn Đức; POC BTC firstname.lastname@example.org; TU Rev. Giuse Ngô Đình Thông, CSsR
CI 0246 | Lửa Hồng 25 | Aug 30 - Sept 2, 2019 | Auburn, WA | MTB | SMT Nguyễn Thùy Nhã | SMP Ngô Ngọc Hiếu | BTC POC Tr. Thùy Nhã, email@example.com | TU Rev. Khôi Anh, SDD
TT0071 | Samaritano 71 | Aug 31 - Sep 2, 2019 | Auburn, WA | MTB | SMT Nguyễn Khanh | SMP Hồ Tân Uyên | BTC POC Tr. Thùy Nhã, firstname.lastname@example.org | TU Rev. Khôi Anh, SDD
2N 0133 | Vươn Lên 36 | Aug 30-Sep 2, 2019 | Keren, TX | LDBD | SMT Hoàng Văn Bính | SMP Đặng Ánh Tuyết | BTC POC Tr. Chi Vũ, email@example.com | TU Rev. Le Thu
welcomes your interviews, announcements and stories. If you would like to submit information for publication, first consult our TNTT Weekly Submission Guide and then send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on TNTT Weekly Archive to view past TNTT Weekly articles!
Ban Truyền Thông