We have had a great first few weeks back to school. We have greatly appreciated all of our families patience and cooperation as we have worked through parent pick-up procedures, child transportation plans, and delayed buses as we learn the new routes. The reason our School is so aWESome is because of the kids and families we get to work with. Thank you for a great start to the 2021-2022 School Year!
Facebook & Class Dojo
Click HERE to do so: https://www.facebook.com/WheatfieldElementary
Have you signed up for your child's Class Dojo?!
Meet Our New Staff Members
- Mrs. Hazlett | Transitioned to Title I Teacher
- Mr. Parks | Transitioned to 1st Grade
- Mrs. Toppen | Transitioned to Instructional Coach
- Mrs. Biggs | Transitioned to Kindergarten Teacher
- Mrs. Lindemer | 3rd Grade Teacher
- Mrs. Panozzo | 3rd Grade Teacher
- Mrs. Previs | Kindergarten Teacher
- Mrs. Knight | Kindergarten Teacher
- Ms. Phillips | Mrs. Parks' Maternity Leave
- Mrs. Cooley | Kindergarten Instructional Aide
Improving Reading @ Home
One way is to read out loud to your child for 10-15 minutes per day. Reading to your child is beneficial in many ways. It exposes him/her to vocabulary he/she might not get otherwise. This helps strengthen reading comprehension. When you read aloud:
1. Define unfamiliar words.
2. Give examples of how a word's meaning can change depending on how it is used in the sentence (ex. pet can be a noun or a verb).
PTC Meeting, September 2nd @ 3:45 PM
Labor Day, September 6th | No School
School Picture Day, September 16th
Kindergarten Vision Screening, September 23rd
Mr. David Myers