"Sexting usually refers to teens sharing nude photos via cell phone, but it's happening on other devices and the web too"
- illegal consequences
- non-illegal consequences
- how parents get involved
- keep personal information private
What is it? Its an online chat website that allows users to communicate with strangers without registering
- Omegle contains a disclaimer that asks that no one under age 13 may use Omegle and no one under 18 may use it without parents' permission
- In a 2013 case, the transmission of nude photos and videos via Omegle from a teenage girl to a schoolteacher resulted in a child pornography charge
- August 2012, Chatroulette removed the Safe Mode feature of the website and posted new terms and conditions, stating that nudity was no longer allowed on any part of the site.
- These websites are red flags, people calling them a predators paradise
Online Gaming- Eric
Social Media- Kirra
- about 85% of high school students use facebook
- facebook is the sixth most popular site in the united states
- there is no option of hiding your account, but you can use the privacy option
- you can block people that you wish not to communicate with again
- you should not put your last name you should put your last initial or nothing at all
- send something you get something back like normal mail
- becarful how you respond to an e-mail
- watch the spammers!
Personal Stories - Tyler
- Ryan was bullied relentlessly at school and online
- he committed suicide at age 13 in 2003.
A Cyber Bullying Suicide Story -- Ryan Halligan age 13