Superior School District
2016 Elementary Summer School
Dates: June 20 - July 15
Free Summer School Options
GETTING READY FOR KINDERGARTEN Each elementary school will have a special focus on incoming kindergarten students. Get to know the school and meet future classmates. "Getting Ready for Kindergarten" is a great jump start to a successful transition to kindergarten.
SPANISH IMMERSION Students who have completed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade, may choose the Spanish Immersion Program, being held at Cooper Elementary this year. Learn about the Spanish language, have fun with music, dance and Spanish culture! The Spanish Immersion class is taught by licensed native Spanish speaker, Maria Valley. Class size will be limited, so sign up early!
SUMMER MUSICAL Do you love the dramatic arts? Do you love music? If you have completed grades 3-12, you may choose to participate in the Summer Musical, being held in the Performing Arts Center at Superior High School! This year's production is "Once on This Island, Jr.", directed by Mr. Calhoun and Mrs. Tesarek. Auditions to place students into roles will be held on June 1st and 2nd, from 3:30 to 5:30. Register early to choose the time that works best for you. For auditions, each student will be asked to sing, move, and speak some lines from the play. For the singing portion, you may choose from "Puff the Magic Dragon", "America the Beautiful", or a short selection of your own. Performances will be held on the weekend of July 15.
- Bryant: Breakfast starts at 8:00, classes start at 8:30. Dismissal 11:30
- Cooper: Breakfast starts at 8:10, classes start at 8:45. Dismissal 11:45
- Four Corners: Breakfast starts at 8:30, classes start at 8:45. Dismissal 12:00
- Great Lakes: Breakfast starts at 8:15, classes start at 8:45. Dismissal 12:00
- Lake Superior: Breakfast starts at 8:00, classes start at 8:30. Dismissal 11:35
- Northern Lights: Breakfast starts at 8:15, classes start at 8:45. Dismissal 12:00
- Musical at SHS: Breakfast starts at 7:00, Musical runs from 8:30 to 11:45
New this year-Free Afternoon Program!
Registration Window: April 25 - May 25
Watch for an email the week of May 30, confirming your choice of site and transportation information.