TLT NEWS YOU CAN USE
Teaching, Learning & Technology | February 2015
Important Due Dates
- Student Retention Week - FEBRUARY 2-6 (Lunch 'N Learn with Michelle Futrell)
- Communication Week - FEBRUARY 9-13
- Content Delivery Week - FEBRUARY 16-20
- 3D Printing Week - FEBRUARY 23-27 (Lunch 'N Learn)
- FTI Spring Training - MARCH 3-5 (Help EHHP Win!!!)
- Ungrant Application - APRIL 15
- DE Readiness Course Summer and Fall Applications - APRIL 16
For more information, visit blogs.cofc.edu/tlt.
Help EHHP Win FTI Spring Training!
Every session counts as a base hit and stipends will be earned as you round each base. Hit a grand slam by attending every session, every day! The more sessions you attend, the more points you earn for EHHP.
The School with the most points will win our Spring Training Trophy and other fantastic prizes!
To register for a session(s) go to tlt.eventbrite.com and look for the sessions titled "SPRING TRAINING"
February TLT Newsletter of AWESOMENESS!!!
Click HERE to view a PDF of the newsletter.
Featured articles include:
- Top Ten EdTech Tools for 2015
- Technology Standards for Assessment/Activities
- Track Your Teams with Score Keeper
- Changes in Teaching in a One-to-One Classroom
DID YOU KNOW?
If you would like to learn more, attend our 3D Printing Showcase on February 26, from 3-4 PM, in Tate Center 202.
Are You Using Poll Everywhere? It's Free!
Are you interested?
Just email me, and I will add you to our site license. I will also provide you with a link to our comprehensive Poll Everywhere tutorial and training schedule.
Top 9 Ways Faculty Use Poll Everywhere
- Stimulate discussion
- Assess prior knowledge
- Confirm understanding
- Obtain personal opinions and experiences
- Facilitate peer instruction
- Evaluate student/group work
- Conduct research
- Establish a sense of community (e.g., selecting groups based on interests, voting, etc.)
- Take attendance
HAVE A QUESTION YOU NEED ANSWERED? ASK TLT! (you know who you are)
To submit a question for TLT, please complete the following form: http://goo.gl/n1N2tq.
Please note: Questions will be answered on a first come, first-served basis and added to TLT’s blog as space permits. If you need an immediate response, please don't hesitate to contact me.