Engaging ELLs and Involving Their Parents!
Blake King & Rachel Pierson
Percentage of Public School Students who are English Language Learners, by State: School Year 2012–13
4 Instructions Strategies to Engage ESL Learners
- Increasing Comprehensible Input
- Encouraging Social Collaboration
- Relating Learning to the Real Word
- Creating a Positive Learning Environment
4 Ideas for Increasing ESL Parent Involvement
- Intercultural Awareness
- Beyond the Classroom Advocacy
- Weekly Communication
- Being Informed About Resources
Li, N. (2013). Seeking best practices and meeting the needs of the english language
learners: Using second language theories and integrating technology in teaching.
Journal of International Education Research, 9(3), 217-222.