Catholic Gators Student Leaders
Weekly Update - March 21, 2016
Hey Student Leaders!
Speaking of Holy Week and everyone's favorite subject (parking), I have an important request. Times and info for Triduum are below, but please note that we don't have any more parking than we normally do during the week for Triduum, and there tend to be a lot of people who come! If you plan on attending (and I hope you do, because it's awesome!) and driving to get here, please plan ahead: Get here early; carpool as much as possible. If you can, please park at the O'Connell Center or use street parking - it would be nice to leave the lot available for people who don't come here all the time and aren't as familiar with the area!
Also! After Easter Vigil we have the epic Easter Feast on the lawn outside the Church! All are invited. Please consider bringing something for the feast. Use this signup: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a4babab28abf58-easter/ (Note: If clicking on the link just takes you to the signup genius home page, please copy and paste the link from here to get the specific Easter Feast signup).
This Week In Catholic Gators
- Jam Session! 6:30pm in Hurley. Come sing to the Lord!
Tuesday, March 22
- Student Choir Practice - 4:30pm for the 5:30pm Mass, in the Library. Keep singing to the Lord! :)
- Seder Supper - 6:30pm in the Lounge. Tickets are $12 on the parish website (www.catholicgators.org). Enter into Holy Week by participating in a Seder meal! *Note: There is NO NEWMAN this week!*
Wednesday, March 23
- There is no Ministry Formation tonight! Get ready for Triduum!
Thursday, March 24
- Holy Thursday - 7:30pm in the Church. Get here early! Holy Thursday is the first day of Triduum. It's the Mass of the Lord's Supper, the celebration of the institution of the Eucharist.
Friday, March 25
- Stations of the Cross - 3pm in the Church. Bilingual English/Spanish!
- Good Friday - 6:30pm in the Church. Get here early! Good Friday is the second day of Triduum. It's the commemoration of the Lord's Passion.
Saturday, March 26
- Easter Vigil Workday - 9am-12pm. Come help beautify the church for Easter!
- Easter Vigil - 9pm. Get here early! This is the third day of Triduum. Celebrate with us the resurrection of our Lord and welcome all the new Catholics from RCIA into the Church! Important note: Vigil here is over 3 hours long (it doesn't feel like it though!) and ends with a feast after Mass (see above)!
Sunday, March 27
- Easter Sunday! Please note that there is no 7:30pm Mass today.
2. Spring Gala: Tastes from Around the World! April 30, 6:30pm. Tickets are $35 for students, $45 for non-students. This is a great way to end the school year. Dress your very best and enjoy a wonderful evening!